Re: libxml-ruby

Trans

3/21/2007 1:44:00 AM

On Mar 20, 8:57 pm, "Mohammad Khan" <khan.moham...@acm.org> wrote:
> [beeplove@vpn ruby-agi-1.1.1]$ irb
> irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> require_gem 'libxml-ruby' <-- just initializes the library
> => true

require 'xml/libxml' <-- loads the lib

T.

2 Answers

Trans

On Mar 20, 9:49 pm, "Mohammad Khan" <khan.moham...@acm.org> wrote:
> [beeplove@vpn ~]$ irb
> irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> require_gem 'libxml-ruby'
> => true
> irb(main):003:0> require 'xml/libxml'
> xml/libxml
> LoadError: no such file to load -- xml/libxml
> from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:22:in
> `require__'
> from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:22:in
> `require'
> from (irb):3
> irb(main):004:0>

Check your installation of libxml. Look in the gems installation dir
for the libxml-ruby package and see if the xml/libxml.rb file is
there. It's working fine on my machine and I just reinstalled from
scratch to be sure.

You might want to update your version of RubyGems too.

T.

Trans

On Mar 21, 8:57 am, "Mohammad Khan" <khan.moham...@acm.org> wrote:
> I need, require 'xml/libxml_so' or 'libxml_so' after '"gem 'libxml-ruby'
>
> Looks like gemspec of libxml-ruby doesn't have 'autorequire' parameter.

autorequire has been deprecated. So it's doing the right thing there.
But I'm surprised you have to load 'libxml_so'. that seems like a bug
to me.

T.