Mountain West Ruby Conference slides, keynote?

Daniel Berger

3/20/2007 3:41:00 PM

Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
keynote?

Thanks,

Dan

12 Answers

pat eyler

On 3/20/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
> keynote?

slides are being sent to zenspider (who agreed to host them). We're
hoping to have the individual videos posted to google video within
a month (there's some post processing to do)

--
thanks,
-pate

Justin Kay

They are making DVDs of everything. They will be free to attendees
and available for purchase as I understand it.

Justin

On 3/20/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
> keynote?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Ara.T.Howard

pat eyler

On 3/20/07, Justin Kay <justinbkay@gmail.com> wrote:
> They are making DVDs of everything. They will be free to attendees
> and available for purchase as I understand it.

The registration fee includes the purchase of the DVDs for attendees,
the video will also be available from Google Video.

--
thanks,
-pate

Gregory Brown

On 3/20/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
> keynote?

Mine is here:
http://rubyreports.org/presentations/mwrc-...

Gregory Brown

On 3/20/07, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
> > keynote?
>
> Mine is here:
> http://rubyreports.org/presentations/mwrc-...

I forgot this does not yet have an attributions slide.
These are all in the the notes in an oOo file I accidentally deleted.

I will back-trace the attributions and add a slide at the same URL
with proper attributions.
The one most notable was from Eleanor McHugh
(http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...)

I also basterdized the "With Enough Eyes, All Bugs Are Shallow"
mantra, which I am fairly certain is either Linus Torvalds or Eric
Reymond.

A quick google might hint that I am the first to coin the term GPL:
Holy War God-King.
If so, I plan to trademark the term, so please pay me a dollar every
time you use it. :)

James Britt

Daniel Berger wrote:
> Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
> keynote?

I juts put my slides up here:

http://www.neurogami.com/presentations/black-boxing-...

--
James Britt

"Take eloquence and wring its neck."
- Paul Verlaine

pat eyler

James,
would you mind if zenspider were to mirror that? (It would be
nice to get all the slides in one place.)

--
thanks,
-pate

Daniel Berger

On Mar 20, 11:21 pm, James Britt <james.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
> > Will the Mountain West Ruby Conference talks be posted? Or Chad's
> > keynote?
>
> I juts put my slides up here:
>
> http://www.neurogami.com/presentations/black-boxing-...

I'm not sure why, but IE crashes on this. With Firefox it worked ok,
but the "next" button in the upper left corner is invisible (I
discovered it by accident).

Anyway, thanks!

Dan

James Britt

pat eyler wrote:
> James,
> would you mind if zenspider were to mirror that? (It would be
> nice to get all the slides in one place.)

I won't stop him, but it's the Web; "all in one place" isn't the point.

He should just link to my slides. If and when I update them or fix
stuff or add the video, my site will have the latest version.

--
James Britt

"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
I will not reason and compare; my business is to create."
- William Blake