RHTML Code is not properly working in I.E.

Deepak kumar Shivhare

3/20/2007 6:21:00 AM

Hello,

I have written the following code for designing the U.I. It is properly
working in Mozilla Firefox but its not properly working in I.E.
(Internet Explorer).

<h2>Permission</h2>

<%= start_form_tag ({:action => 'edit'},{:class => 'appform'}) %>

<fieldset>
<%=error_messages_for("permission")%>

<h3>Edit Permission</h3>

<input class="f-name" name="permission[controller]"
value="<%= @permission.controller%>"
size="30" />
</label>

<input class="f-name" name="permission[action]"
value="<%= @permission.action %>"
size="30" />
</label>

<textarea class="f-comments" "rows="10" cols="25"
name="permission[description]" ><%=
@permission.description %>
</textarea>
</label>

<input type="submit" name="savebutton" value="Save" />
</fieldset>

<%= end_form_tag %>

May I know the reason ??

Can Anybody help me ??

Thanks in Advance
Deepak

Brian Candler

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 03:20:58PM +0900, Deepak Kumar Shivhare wrote:
> I have written the following code for designing the U.I. It is properly
> working in Mozilla Firefox but its not properly working in I.E.
> (Internet Explorer).

OK, I'll bite.

(1) Please note that "its [sic] not properly working" is a completely
useless description of a problem. We cannot read minds. Unless you describe
exactly what you *see*, nobody can help you. For more advice see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions....

In the case of page rendering problems, I'd suggest taking a screen
snapshot, putting the image on a web server, and posting the URL.

(2) This question clearly has nothing to do with Ruby at all, because the
embedded Ruby has all been stripped out by the time the page reaches the
browser - it's just a page of HTML (which you will see if you select "view
source" in your browser)

So this leaves two possible options:

(a) You wrote some HTML which works in IE but not Netscape - for example you
might have used some browser-specific tags, or you might have forgotten to
add some declaration at the top of the page to tell the browser what version
of (x)html you are using. Hint: google for "IE quirks mode" and read
carefully what you find.

In that case, please go to a HTML mailing list for advice on how to write
your HTML in a way which is browser-independent.

(b) If the tag at fault is one which Rails generated, e.g. start_form_tag
generates something which IE doesn't like, then you can raise your problem
on the Rails google group. Again, you'll have to provide a description of
exactly how the problem appears, show the raw .rhtml and the processed HTML
output, and suggest why you think Rails is producing a faulty HTML tag (e.g.
by editing the HTML manually to make the problem go away)

Regards,

Brian.

Deepak kumar Shivhare

Brian Candler wrote:

> OK, I'll bite.

OK, Thanks Brain

Deepak kumar Shivhare

Brian Candler wrote:

> OK, I'll bite.

OK, Thanks Brian.

Mitchell Holman

"Jim E" <YD639275@SVN.net> wrote in

> "Lone Ranger" <snowball2002@bigfoot.com.spamalamadingdong> wrote in
> message news:0oggb3l45k9krdhoociq54pu55a6abk27q@4ax.com...
>> If you think those who have long challenged the mainstream scientific
>> findings about global warming recognize that the game is over, think
>> again. Yes, 19 million people watched the "Live Earth" concerts [in
>> the U.S.] last month, titans of corporate America are calling for laws
>> mandating greenhouse cuts, "green" magazines fill newsstands,
>> and the film based on Al Gore's best-selling book, "An Inconvenient
>> Truth," won an Oscar. But outside Hollywood, Manhattan and other
>> habitats of the chattering classes, the denial machine is running at
>> full throttle - and continuing to shape both government policy and
>> public opinion.
>>
>> Since the late 1980s, this well-coordinated, well-funded campaign by
>> contrarian scientists, free-market think tanks and industry has
>> created a paralyzing fog of doubt around climate change. Through
>> advertisements, op-eds, lobbying and media attention, greenhouse
>> doubters (they hate being called deniers) argued first that the world
>> is not warming; measurements indicating otherwise are flawed, they
>> said. Then they claimed that any warming is natural, not caused by
>> human activities. Now they contend that the looming warming will be
>> minuscule and harmless.
>>

> Global warming, just another liberal scam to grab control.

As propounded by the "liberal" Bush administration.

"There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming over
the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. Scientists
know for certain that human activities are changing the composition
of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases, like
carbon dioxide (CO2 ), in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times
have been well documented There is no doubt this atmospheric buildup
of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases is largely the result of
human activities."

www.epa.gov/globalwarming/

JHR

"Roger" <rogerfx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jim E" <YD639275@SVN.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Lone Ranger" <snowball2002@bigfoot.com.spamalamadingdong> wrote in
>> message news:0oggb3l45k9krdhoociq54pu55a6abk27q@4ax.com...
>>> If you think those who have long challenged the mainstream scientific
>>> findings about global warming recognize that the game is over, think
>>> again. Yes, 19 million people watched the "Live Earth" concerts [in
>>> the U.S.] last month, titans of corporate America are calling for laws
>>> mandating greenhouse cuts, "green" magazines fill newsstands,
>>> and the film based on Al Gore's best-selling book, "An Inconvenient
>>> Truth," won an Oscar. But outside Hollywood, Manhattan and other
>>> habitats of the chattering classes, the denial machine is running at
>>> full throttle - and continuing to shape both government policy and
>>> public opinion.
>>>
>>> Since the late 1980s, this well-coordinated, well-funded campaign by
>>> contrarian scientists, free-market think tanks and industry has
>>> created a paralyzing fog of doubt around climate change. Through
>>> advertisements, op-eds, lobbying and media attention, greenhouse
>>> doubters (they hate being called deniers) argued first that the world
>>> is not warming; measurements indicating otherwise are flawed, they
>>> said. Then they claimed that any warming is natural, not caused by
>>> human activities. Now they contend that the looming warming will be
>>> minuscule and harmless.
>>>

>> Global warming, just another liberal scam to grab control.
>>

>> end
>
> You must enjoy being ignorant and stupid.
>
> You do nothing to learn. You haven't learned anything in years.
>
> Why do you do this to yourself? Do you hate yourself so much? As much as
> you hate people different than yourself?
>
> You must.

Jim E never adds anything constructive to the NG's, he just bashes. He
doesn't want to learn because he knows everything.

Independent

nobody

Mitchell Holman <Noemailplease@comcast.com> wrote:

> the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. Scientists
> know for certain that human activities are changing the composition
> of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases, like
> carbon dioxide (CO2 ), in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times...

All the CO2 we're putting into the atmosphere used to be in the
atmosphere. It's not a pollutant, it's an essential building block of
life. CO2 is a benificial byproduct of burning oil and coal.

Roger

"the_blogologist" <nobody@nowheres.com> wrote in message
> Mitchell Holman <Noemailplease@comcast.com> wrote:
>
>> the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. Scientists
>> know for certain that human activities are changing the composition
>> of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases, like
>> carbon dioxide (CO2 ), in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times...
>
> All the CO2 we're putting into the atmosphere used to be in the
> atmosphere. It's not a pollutant, it's an essential building block of
> life. CO2 is a benificial byproduct of burning oil and coal.

How much life is in the upper atmosphere?

Mitchell Holman

mrbawana2u <mrbawana2u@gmail.com> wrote in news:1186543489.994562.96280
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> On Aug 7, 6:16 pm, nob...@nowheres.com (the_blogologist) wrote:
>> Mitchell Holman <Noemailple...@comcast.com> wrote:
>> > the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. Scientists
>> > know for certain that human activities are changing the composition
>> > of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases, like
>> > carbon dioxide (CO2 ), in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times...
>>
>> All the CO2 we're putting into the atmosphere used to be in the
>> atmosphere. It's not a pollutant, it's an essential building block of
>> life. CO2 is a benificial byproduct of burning oil and coal.
>
> The enviro-nazis went through hell and high water to mandate catalytic
> converters,
> which, as everybody knows, turns harmful exhausts into harmless co2.

Ah, for the spring ritual of conservatives complaining
that their air is too clean, their water too pure, too many
species sharing their planet, too many trees blocking their
view of sprawling subdivions and paved over meadows.

Mitchell Holman

"Air pollution has been substantially controlled"
Ronald Reagan, campaigning in 1980. Three days later his
plane had to be diverted from landing in Los Angeles due
to one of the worst smog alerts in the city's history.

Talk-n-Dog

Mitchell Holman wrote:
> mrbawana2u <mrbawana2u@gmail.com> wrote in news:1186543489.994562.96280
> @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

>>> All the CO2 we're putting into the atmosphere used to be in the
>>> atmosphere. It's not a pollutant, it's an essential building block of
>>> life. CO2 is a benificial byproduct of burning oil and coal.
>> The enviro-nazis went through hell and high water to mandate catalytic
>> converters,
>> which, as everybody knows, turns harmful exhausts into harmless co2.
>

> Ah, for the spring ritual of conservatives complaining
> that their air is too clean, their water too pure, too many
> species sharing their planet, too many trees blocking their
> view of sprawling subdivions and paved over meadows.

OK .... try to feed the world with the EcoNazi's plans.... you want to
ban what makes it possible for you to fill your fridge, the fridge which
you also try to eliminate as economically useful for most of the world.

How many people are you willing to starve so your yard and park is
pristine... Is there a happy medium? Maybe you can ban plastic and only
a few million will die of spoiled foods. Ban Co2 and how many will feel
the shortage of food so Al Gore can Fly?

--
http://OutSourc...
Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators. Which at

The problem with the global warming theory, is that a theory is like a
bowl of ice-cream, it only takes a little dab of bullshit to ruin the
whole thing. - Gump That -

Captain Compassion

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:41:27 -0700, wbyeats@ireland.com wrote:

>On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:16:46 -0700, nobody@nowheres.com
>(the_blogologist) wrote:
>
>>Mitchell Holman <Noemailplease@comcast.com> wrote:
>>
>>> the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. Scientists
>>> know for certain that human activities are changing the composition
>>> of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases, like
>>> carbon dioxide (CO2 ), in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times...
>>
>>All the CO2 we're putting into the atmosphere used to be in the
>>atmosphere. It's not a pollutant, it's an essential building block of
>>life. CO2 is a benificial byproduct of burning oil and coal.
>
>Hmmm..... so you believe all the CO2 that is a by product of burning
>fossil fuels had been in the atmosphere before? Musta been all those
>SUV's driven by Raptors. Geez, no wonder they were so fast.

Excuse me. Where do you think fossil fuels come from? What part of the
concept of "fossil" do you not understand?

Repeat after me. Carbon is your friend. -- Captain Compassion

--
There may come a time when the CO2 police will wander the earth telling
the poor and the dispossed how many dung chips they can put on their

Wherever I go it will be well with me, for it was well with me here, not
on account of the place, but of my judgments which I shall carry away
with me, for no one can deprive me of these; on the contrary, they alone
are my property, and cannot be taken away, and to possess them suffices
me wherever I am or whatever I do. -- EPICTETUS

Joseph R. Darancette
daranc@NOSPAMcharter.net