Documentation for Socket is not there!!!!!

Purandhar sairam Mannidi

3/19/2007 1:00:00 PM

I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
help me out of this??

Harold Hausman

On 3/19/07, sairam MP <sai438@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
> help me out of this??

Hello.

Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
http://www.google.com/search?q=r...

This was the _first_ result.
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/...

Hope that helps,
-Harold

Purandhar sairam Mannidi

Harold Hausman wrote:
> On 3/19/07, sairam MP <sai438@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
>> help me out of this??
>>

> Hello.
>
> Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=r...
>
> This was the _first_ result.
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/...
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Harold

Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
Linux FC4 using ri

Gavin Kistner

On Mar 19, 7:26 am, sairam MP <sai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
> Linux FC4 using ri

Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)

It works fine for me:

Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
Socket
Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
[snip]

But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
Ruby are you using?

ck1

On 19 Mrz., 15:12, "Phrogz" <g...@refinery.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 7:26 am, sairam MP <sai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
> > Linux FC4 using ri
>
> Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)
>
> It works fine for me:
>
> Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
> ---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
> Socket
> Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
> socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
> system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
> classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
> the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
> [snip]
>
> But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
> Ruby are you using?

Works on (K)ubuntu too...

Eric Hodel

On Mar 19, 2007, at 06:26, sairam MP wrote:
> Harold Hausman wrote:
>> On 3/19/07, sairam MP <sai438@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs.
>>> can any
>>> help me out of this??
>>>

>> Hello.
>>
>> Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=r...
>>
>> This was the _first_ result.
>> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/...
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> -Harold
>
> Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
> Linux FC4 using ri

It most definitely gets generated on 1.8.5. You're either missing
some part of ruby or need to file a bug with your ruby packager.