how to install freeimage on windows xp

schaf88

3/18/2007 4:47:00 PM

hey
I have to install imagescience and so I also have to install freeimage.
I'm using windows xp. when i tried "start -> run -> regsvr32
FreeImage.dll" I got "FreeImage.dll was loaded, but the
DllRegisterServer entry point was not found"
I googled it but didnt get something useful
hope someone knows what i'm doing wrong
cheers
flo

Wes Gamble

Did you ever get FreeImage working on Windows?

I am attempting to do the same and having some trouble.

Any info. would be helpful.

Thanks,
Wes

Pastor Dave

On 5/26/2013 12:49 PM, chatnoir wrote:
> On May 26, 5:45 am, Josh <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On 5/25/2013 8:00 PM, chatnoir wrote:
>>
>>> The corporate media is blasting out the story that the IRS ?targeted
>>> conservative groups.? Some in the media say there was ?IRS harassment
>>> of conservative groups.? Some of the media are going so far as
>>> claiming that conservative groups were ?audited.?
>>
>>> This story that is being repeated and treated as ?true? is just not
>>> what happened at all. It is one more right-wing victimization fable,
>>> repeated endlessly until the public has no choice except to believe
>>> it.
>>
>>> Conservative Groups Were Not ?Targeted,? ?Singled Out? Or Anything
>>> Else
>>
>> The problem with this argument is the IRS apologized to conservative
>> groups. Why would they do that if your version is correct?
>
> Political Pressure!
>

>> http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/10/irs-......
>>
>> Maybe their apology was motivated by this report:
>>
>> http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2013reports/20131...
>
> Maybe not!

What pressure, if not the above report? The apology is what started all
of this.

chatnoir

On May 26, 12:35 pm, Josh <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/2013 12:49 PM, chatnoir wrote:

> >> The problem with this argument is the IRS apologized to conservative
> >> groups.  Why would they do that if your version is correct?
>
> > Political Pressure!
>
> >>http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/10/irs-......
>
> >> Maybe their apology was motivated by this report:
>
> >>http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2013reports/20131...
>
> > Maybe not!
>
> What pressure, if not the above report?  The apology is what started all
> of this.- Hide quoted text -

It would of come anyway - or your an innocent regarding politics!

Pastor Dave

On 5/26/2013 2:36 PM, chatnoir wrote:

>>> Political Pressure!

>>> Maybe not!
>>
>> What pressure, if not the above report? The apology is what started all
>> of this.- Hide quoted text -
>
> It would of come anyway - or your an innocent regarding politics!

Exactly - it would have come because of the pressure from the report.
If this is all a fable, then you have to show why the report is mistaken.

chatnoir

On May 26, 2:09 pm, Josh <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> What pressure, if not the above report?  The apology is what started all
> >> of this.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > It would of come anyway - or your an innocent regarding politics!
>
> Exactly - it would have come because of the pressure from the report.
> If this is all a fable, then you have to show why the report is mistaken.- Hide quoted text -

The article!

Pastor Dave

On 5/26/2013 5:23 PM, chatnoir wrote:
> On May 26, 2:09 pm, Josh <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It would of come anyway - or your an innocent regarding politics!
>>
>> Exactly - it would have come because of the pressure from the report.
>> If this is all a fable, then you have to show why the report is mistaken.
>
> The article!

The article makes the same argument the IRS made in its defense during
the investigation: "only" 1/3 of the cases (96 out of 298) receiving
special attention came from groups with Tea Party, Patriot, or 9/12 in
their names - and therefore the IRS wasn't disproportionately reviewing
conservative groups.

However, the report says that another 141 groups should have been
targeted in addition to the 298 that were, and none of those 141 has the
name Tea Party, Patriot or 9/12. So, Tea Party groups had a 0% chance
of escaping scrutiny while other groups had a 40% chance.

Islander

On 5/26/2013 3:54 PM, Josh wrote:

>>> Exactly - it would have come because of the pressure from the report.
>>> If this is all a fable, then you have to show why the report is
>>> mistaken.
>>
>> The article!
>
> The article makes the same argument the IRS made in its defense during
> the investigation: "only" 1/3 of the cases (96 out of 298) receiving
> special attention came from groups with Tea Party, Patriot, or 9/12 in
> their names - and therefore the IRS wasn't disproportionately reviewing
> conservative groups.
>
> However, the report says that another 141 groups should have been
> targeted in addition to the 298 that were, and none of those 141 has the
> name Tea Party, Patriot or 9/12. So, Tea Party groups had a 0% chance
> of escaping scrutiny while other groups had a 40% chance.

Perhaps, but what do you think the odds are that the Tea Party groups
were not primarily political? The scandal here is that so many
political organizations were finally approved for 501(c)(4) status.

Pastor Dave

On 5/26/2013 9:54 PM, Islander wrote:
> On 5/26/2013 3:54 PM, Josh wrote:

>>> The article!
>>
>> The article makes the same argument the IRS made in its defense during
>> the investigation: "only" 1/3 of the cases (96 out of 298) receiving
>> special attention came from groups with Tea Party, Patriot, or 9/12 in
>> their names - and therefore the IRS wasn't disproportionately reviewing
>> conservative groups.
>>
>> However, the report says that another 141 groups should have been
>> targeted in addition to the 298 that were, and none of those 141 has the
>> name Tea Party, Patriot or 9/12. So, Tea Party groups had a 0% chance
>> of escaping scrutiny while other groups had a 40% chance.
>
> Perhaps, but what do you think the odds are that the Tea Party groups
> were not primarily political? The scandal here is that so many
> political organizations were finally approved for 501(c)(4) status.

That may indeed be another scandal - I don't know. But, that doesn't
take away from the one being debated.

Islander

On 5/26/2013 6:57 PM, Josh wrote:
> On 5/26/2013 9:54 PM, Islander wrote:

>>> The article makes the same argument the IRS made in its defense during
>>> the investigation: "only" 1/3 of the cases (96 out of 298) receiving
>>> special attention came from groups with Tea Party, Patriot, or 9/12 in
>>> their names - and therefore the IRS wasn't disproportionately reviewing
>>> conservative groups.
>>>
>>> However, the report says that another 141 groups should have been
>>> targeted in addition to the 298 that were, and none of those 141 has the
>>> name Tea Party, Patriot or 9/12. So, Tea Party groups had a 0% chance
>>> of escaping scrutiny while other groups had a 40% chance.
>>
>> Perhaps, but what do you think the odds are that the Tea Party groups
>> were not primarily political? The scandal here is that so many
>> political organizations were finally approved for 501(c)(4) status.
>
> That may indeed be another scandal - I don't know. But, that doesn't
> take away from the one being debated.

Unfortunately it doesn't take away. But, put yourself in the job of
setting priorities on a flood of 501(c)(4) applications. How would you
decide which ones to pay the most attention to? My understanding is
that a pre-selection was done on the basis of a key-word search.
Unfortunately, we don't know all the key-words that were used and the
IRS is not likely to release *that* list or they will be attacked by
everyone who feels discriminated against! Was the word "Occupy" used,
for example? From a practical point of view, I can see good reason to
include the expressions "Tea Party" and "9/12" in your search because
they are very likely to be primarily political. Makes for a good
scandal, tho, since someone leaked those specific key-words in what
appears to me to be intentional incitement to rile up the conservative
political base.

Pastor Dave

On 5/27/2013 12:25 PM, Islander wrote:

> Unfortunately it doesn't take away. But, put yourself in the job of
> setting priorities on a flood of 501(c)(4) applications. How would you
> decide which ones to pay the most attention to? My understanding is
> that a pre-selection was done on the basis of a key-word search.
> Unfortunately, we don't know all the key-words that were used and the
> IRS is not likely to release *that* list or they will be attacked by
> everyone who feels discriminated against! Was the word "Occupy" used,
> for example? From a practical point of view, I can see good reason to
> include the expressions "Tea Party" and "9/12" in your search because
> they are very likely to be primarily political. Makes for a good
> scandal, tho, since someone leaked those specific key-words in what
> appears to me to be intentional incitement to rile up the conservative
> political base.

Don't speculate (there were no other key words). Read the report. The
facts aren't based on leaks.

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2013reports/20131...