Google Summer of Code (please forward

pat eyler

3/16/2007 4:40:00 PM

Ruby Central has been selected as a mentoring organization, and
Google is now acceptin proposals. They have a page up for students
who want to sign up:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/guide-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-...

Don't forget, the application deadline is Mar 24th! If you're interested, the
time to act is now!

(If you're still interested in mentoring, but haven't contacted me yet, please
do.)

I'll send out something with more details after the MountainWest RubyConf
has wrapped up.

--
thanks,
-pate

3 Answers

Michael Neumann

pat eyler wrote:
> Ruby Central has been selected as a mentoring organization, and
> Google is now acceptin proposals. They have a page up for students
> who want to sign up:
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/guide-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-...
>

> Don't forget, the application deadline is Mar 24th! If you're
> interested, the
> time to act is now!

Is there a place where proposals are collected other than the thread on
ruby-talk?

Regards,

Michael

Michael Neumann

On 3/16/07, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> Is there a place where proposals are collected other than the thread on
> ruby-talk?

student proposals are only accepted via the google URL in my original email
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/guide-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-...

Once I finish with my MWRC responsibilities this weekend, I'll collect
the ideas that have been expressed on ruby-talk and set up a page
connected with the google mentoring page associated with
RubyCentral.

--
thanks,
-pate