Merge / Diff algo

S. Robert James

3/15/2007 10:05:00 PM

Is there any lib to do simple text based merges (3 way) from Ruby?

Perhaps it's simple enough to do without an external lib. Just need
to see which lines child1 added to parent, which ones child1 deleted,
and same for child2, and then merge them - in order...

Hmmm... perhaps I should use an external lib...

4 Answers

John Carter

Austin Ziegler

On 3/15/07, S. Robert James <srobertjames@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any lib to do simple text based merges (3 way) from Ruby?
>
> Perhaps it's simple enough to do without an external lib. Just need
> to see which lines child1 added to parent, which ones child1 deleted,
> and same for child2, and then merge them - in order...
>
> Hmmm... perhaps I should use an external lib...

I seem to recall that someone had put some merge operations around Diff::LCS.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

Alias

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-may-23-2013/prio...

--
Alias

The only real problems are avarice, anger and stupidity.

BIG Bird

"Robert" <jungleandy1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: On May 22, 6:12 am, Alias <aka@masked&anonymous.com.invalid> wrote:
:
: > Key word: "may".
: >
: > --
: > Alias
: >
:
: Once again you are wrong. If you spent as much time learning
: about government intrusions as you spend trying to defend it,
: you'd run out of time.

just STFU white boy, go ahead on and keep suckin that
filthy,slimy,stinkin,angry,old rich white men's dead dick