characters '{', '[' in irb

Emil Sandin

3/15/2007 7:58:00 AM

I have two computers (Windows XP on both) where Ruby is installed. On
one of them everything is working fine, but the other one isn't. If I
copy these lines:

{"one" => 1}
["one", "two", "three"]

and paste it into irb I get this instead:

"one" => 1
"one", "two", "three"

And then I get syntax error for both.

Why isn't all of the characters copied? It's also impossible to type
these characters.

Regards
Emil

Jano Svitok