[Google Summer of Code] Port Google Web ToolKit

Michael Neumann

My proposal is to port Google's Web ToolKit [1] functionality to
RubyJS [2]. I think it's more advanced than simply porting the code
from Java to RubyJS, because Ruby doesn't require interfaces, has
open-classes and features meta-programming (limited to "compile-time"
for RubyJS).

I think it's a great opportunity for a student to get attention
(especially) from Google ;-)

Regards,

Michael

[1] http://code.google.com/w...
[2] http://ntecs.de/hg-projec...

1 Answer

R. Mark Volkmann

On Mar 14, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Michael Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My proposal is to port Google's Web ToolKit [1] functionality to
> RubyJS [2]. I think it's more advanced than simply porting the code
> from Java to RubyJS, because Ruby doesn't require interfaces, has
> open-classes and features meta-programming (limited to "compile-time"
> for RubyJS).
>
> I think it's a great opportunity for a student to get attention
> (especially) from Google ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/w...
> [2] http://ntecs.de/hg-projec...

Seconded! I love GWT, but I've always said the worst thing about it
is that you have to code in Java to use it.