Re: Where is my Class ?

Sylvain Joyeux

3/14/2007 8:52:00 AM

The first time an anonymous class is assigned to a constant, its name
changes to be the constant's. You can check that everything works as you
expected by doing

puts a.object_id
puts b.object_id
--
Sylvain Joyeux

1 Answer

Bret Cahill

> >      What Would America's Founders Say?
>
> >  The two enemies of the people are criminals
> >  and government, so let us tie the second down
> >  with the chains of the Constitution so the
> >  second will not become the legalized version
> >  of the first.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  Those who hammer their guns into plows will
> >  plow for those who do not.
> >   --Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  It does not take a majority to prevail ... but
> >  rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on
> >  setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
> >  men.
> >  --Samuel Adams
>
> >  The strongest reason for the people to retain
> >  the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last
> >  resort, to protect themselves against tyranny
> >  in government.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >   A free people ought not only to be armed and
> >   disciplined, but they should have sufficient
> >   arms and ammunition to maintain a status of
> >   independence from any who might attempt to
> >   abuse them, which would include their own
> >   government."
> >   -- George Washington
>
> >  No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  If the freedom of speech is taken away then
> >  dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to
> >  the slaughter.
> >  -- George Washington
>
> >  When governments fear the people there is liberty.
> >  When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... Disarm only
> >  those who are neither inclined nor determined to
> >  commit crimes.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a
> >   standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed
> >   populace.
> >    -- James Madison
>
> >  If the representatives of the people betray
> >  their constituents, there is then no resource
> >  left but in the exertion of that original
> >  right of self-defense which is paramount to
> >  all positive forms of government ... The
> >  citizens must rush tumultuously to arms,
> >  without concert, without system, without
> >  resource; except in their courage and despair
> >  ... The natural strength of the people in a
> >  large community, in proportion to the artificial
> >  strength of the government, is greater than in a
> >  small ... the people, without exaggeration, may
> >  be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate.
> >  -- Alexander Hamilton
>
> >  All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people
> >  of good conscience to remain silent.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  Every government degenerates when trusted to the
> >  rulers of the people alone. The people themselves
> >  are its only safe depositories.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> >  As our enemies have found we can reason like men,
> >  so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
> >  -- Thomas Jefferson

> [...]

I intentially misattribute Madison to Marx as a valuable prank to
expose rightards' anti-Marxist posturing as a sham and rightards get
all upset.

Yet here is a rightard who actually believes his nonsense quotes and
rightards don't have a problem with that at all.

Bret Cahill