Re: Module documentation missing

Jano Svitok

3/13/2007 8:39:00 PM

On 3/13/07, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com> wrote:
> The documentation page for Module is missing from http://ruby-doc....
>
> Is this intended? Lots of method links are broken because of this.
>
> Jason

This is an old error, that nobody seems to look into. Search for James
Britt's posts on this on ruby-core.

5 Answers

James Britt

Jan Svitok wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The documentation page for Module is missing from
>> http://ruby-doc....
>>
>> Is this intended? Lots of method links are broken because of this.
>>
>> Jason
>
> This is an old error, that nobody seems to look into. Search for James
> Britt's posts on this on ruby-core.

I updated ruby-doc.org so that it used 1.8.6 for the api docs. After
running rdoc I saw that Module was again missing. With 1.8.5 I was able
to fix this by replacing a :stopdoc: in lib/yaml/tag.rb with
method-specific :nodoc: calls. 1.8.6 has the same directives as 1.8.5,
and I think that is the culprit

But when I tried this with 1.8.6 it didn't seem to change anything.

--
James Britt

"Design depends largely on constraints."
- Charles Eames

James Britt

James Britt wrote:

> I updated ruby-doc.org so that it used 1.8.6 for the api docs. After
> running rdoc I saw that Module was again missing. With 1.8.5 I was able
> to fix this by replacing a :stopdoc: in lib/yaml/tag.rb with
> method-specific :nodoc: calls. 1.8.6 has the same directives as 1.8.5,
> and I think that is the culprit
>
> But when I tried this with 1.8.6 it didn't seem to change anything.

Actually, that may not be true; I may have goofed in my re-doc'ing
script. I'm lokking at it now.
--
James Britt

"Trying to port the desktop metaphor to the Web is like working
on how to fuel your car with hay because that is what horses eat."
- Dare Obasanjo

James Britt

Jan Svitok wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The documentation page for Module is missing from
>> http://ruby-doc....
>>
>> Is this intended? Lots of method links are broken because of this.
>>
>> Jason
>
> This is an old error, that nobody seems to look into. Search for James
> Britt's posts on this on ruby-core.

Module is back.

I re-applied my patch and re-gen'ed the rdoc for 1.8.6

That is now the API shown for

http://www.ruby-do...

For 1.8.5 docs, use

http://www.ruby-do...-1.8.5/

--
James Britt

"I never dispute another person's delusions, just their facts."
- Len Bullard

Robert Dober

On 3/14/07, James Britt <james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Module is back.
>
> I re-applied my patch and re-gen'ed the rdoc for 1.8.6
>

> That is now the API shown for
>
> http://www.ruby-do...
>
> For 1.8.5 docs, use
>
> http://www.ruby-do...-1.8.5/

Thank you James!

> --
> James Britt
>
> "I never dispute another person's delusions, just their facts."
> - Len Bullard

Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?
-- George Bernard Shaw

Jano Svitok

On 3/14/07, James Britt <james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jan Svitok wrote:
> > On 3/13/07, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The documentation page for Module is missing from
> >> http://ruby-doc....
> >>
> >> Is this intended? Lots of method links are broken because of this.
> >>
> >> Jason
> >
> > This is an old error, that nobody seems to look into. Search for James
> > Britt's posts on this on ruby-core.
> >

> Module is back.
>
> I re-applied my patch and re-gen'ed the rdoc for 1.8.6
>

> That is now the API shown for
>
> http://www.ruby-do...
>
> For 1.8.5 docs, use
>
> http://www.ruby-do...-1.8.5/

Thank you! Actually I recall when you did the modification sometime
ago... I'm sorry for misinformation.

J.