Re: [QUIZ] SimFrost (#117

benjohn

3/12/2007 4:23:00 PM

James Edward Gray II:
> Benjohn Barnes:
>> I was hoping to write PPMs a while ago, but OS X's Preview doesn't
>> seem
>> to support it.
>
> Yeah, I don't think preview does. Graphic Converter does though.
> It's what I used to make the movie. I bet you can also get netpbm
> installed on OS X, then you can just shell out to those programs to
> convert the images or build a movie.

Ah, good tips. Thanks!

3 Answers

James Gray

On Mar 12, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Albert Ng wrote:

> Did some testing, and came out with this...
> BLUE = [ 0, 255, 0].pack("C*")
> GREEN = [ 255, 0, 0].pack("C*")
> RED = [ 0, 0, 255].pack("C*")
>
> is it just in my PC?

Weird, I can't think how that is possible...

James Edward Gray II

James Gray

On Mar 12, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Albert Ng wrote:

> seems like the mailing list doesn't like ppm attachments, ate my last
> message...

The list has a size limit. Try zipping the file.

> Hey, James, I ran your solution in my PC (running win2k), and the
> ppm came
> out red instead of blue...

Weird. I don't have any good guesses on that one... :(

James Edward Gray II

Robert Dober

On 3/12/07, Albert Ng <twinwing@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll try it out on the Linux side as soon as this 500x500 sim's done :)
My 512x512 sim took 2 hours :( but the ppm files will stay for
eternity so runtime was about 0 ;).

-Anonymous