Print screen with win32api

Emil Sandin

I have seen this question on several locations, but no solution to it. I
want to capture the screen on windows xp. I know that you can do it with
rmagick, but that seems to be for unix-systems only, and rubycocoa for
mac. Since there is a "print screen"-button on the keyboard, I guess
that it should be possible to use win32api to fake a klick on the
keyboard button, and then somehow save the image to disk.

Any ideas?
Regards
Emil

Harry

On 3/12/07, Emil Sandin <esandin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have seen this question on several locations, but no solution to it. I
> want to capture the screen on windows xp. I know that you can do it with
> rmagick, but that seems to be for unix-systems only, and rubycocoa for
> mac. Since there is a "print screen"-button on the keyboard, I guess
> that it should be possible to use win32api to fake a klick on the
> keyboard button, and then somehow save the image to disk.
>
> Any ideas?
> Regards
> Emil

I haven't tested this particular command but you should be able to do
it with AutoIt.
You can script AutoIt via Ruby.

Here are some commands.
Printscreen is listed.

http://tiger.la.asu.edu/Quick_Ref/AutoIt_qu...

Harry
--

http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English

Emil Sandin

Daniele Alessandri wrote:
> On 3/12/07, Emil Sandin <esandin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> mac. Since there is a "print screen"-button on the keyboard, I guess
>> that it should be possible to use win32api to fake a klick on the
>> keyboard button, and then somehow save the image to disk.
>

> Try installing Win32::Screenshot (
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32s...) and launching the
> following
> script:
>

> require 'win32screenshot'
>
> width, height, bitmap = Win32::Screenshot.desktop
> File.open('test.bmp', 'wb') { |file| file.write(bitmap) }
>

> You can find more examples in the test folder after installing the gem
> file.

Wow, that sounds exactly right, Thank you!

/Emil