Installing Ruby and RubyGems on Red Hat Linux 9

Angrez

I would like to know which versions of Ruby and RubyGems I can install
on Red Hat Linux 9?

I was able to install Ruby version 1.6.8-5 successfully.
But when I tried to install RubyGems 0.8.0 I got error like there is
no module called "FileUtils".
I got same error with RubyGems 0.4.0.
Then I tried installing RubyGems 0.2.0 i got error like there is no
module called 'stringio'.

I also tried installing Ruby 1.8.2-7.5 but got error that the versions
of required dependencies like libdb, libssl etc are not correct. It
required version 5.0 but Red Hat Linux 9 has version 4.0 for these
dependencies.

Could any one please let me know which Ruby and RubyGems version I can
install successfully with Red Hat Linux 9?

Thanks & Regards,
Angrez

3 Answers

Bill M

More religious nonsense!

"Smiler" <Smiler@Joe.King.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> came under unusual circumstances rather than having a mother and a
>>> father in the usual human reproductive way. But more than that, I
>>> got to consider the use of the mention of words.
>>>
>>> The words are used clearly enough. Jesus is like Adam and by Jesus
>>> and Adam, we mean those two men. But what about the mention of the
>>> words? Was the author aware of the fact that if we were considering
>>> the words as words themselves, this sentence also read that 'Jesus'
>>> is something like 'Adam'. Well, they are not spelt with the same
>>> letters, how can they be alike in this revelation? The only answer
>>> came to me fairly quickly and I took a look at the index of the
>>> Qur'an.
>>>
>>> The index of the Qur'an has been made available only since 1945.
>>> This book was the result of years of work by a man and his students
>>> who assembled a book which lists every word in the Qur'an and where
>>> it can be found.
>>>
>>> So, when we look up the word Isa (Jesus), we find it in the Qur'an
>>> twenty-five times. When we look up Adam, we find it in the Qur'an
>>> twenty-five times. The point is that they are very much alike in
>>> this book. They are equated. So, following up on this idea, I
>>> continued to examine the index looking for every case where
>>> something was set up as an equation, where the likeness of something
>>> was said to be the likeness of some other thing. And in every case,
>>> it works. You have to example a verse which reads:
>>>
>>> "The likeness of this who reject our signs is as the likeness of the
>>> dog." (7:176)
>>>
>>> Well, the phrase is Arabic for 'the people who reject our signs'
>>> could be found in the Qur'an exactly five times. And so is the
>>> Arabic word for 'the dog' (al-kalb). And there are several instances
>>> of exactly the same occurrence.
>>>
>>> It was some months after I found this for myself that a friend of
>>> mine, who is continuing this investigation with me, made a
>>> suggestion that there are also some places in the Qur'an where one
>>> thing is said to be not like another thing.
>>>
>>> As soon as he mentioned this up to me, we both went for the index
>>> and had a quick look at several places where on thing is said to be
>>> not like another thing and counted their occurrence in the Qur'an.
>>> We were surprise and maybe should not have been to find that, after
>>> all, they do not match up. But an interesting thing does happen. For
>>> example, the Qur'an makes it very clear in the verse that trade is
>>> not like interest. The two words will be found six times for on and
>>> seven for the other. And so it is in every other case.
>>>
>>> When one thing is said to be not like another, they over for a
>>> difference of one time. It would be five of one and four of the
>>> other, or seven of one and eight of another.
>>>
>>> http://www.lancs.ac.uk/socs/islamic/discover_gary.htm#s...
>>
>> What did that exercise prove?
>
> That he's a moron who thinks it will make atheists believe his fairy

Emil Tiades

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:34:47 +0100, "Smiler" <Smiler@Joe.King.com>
wrote:

>*elle* wrote:
>> On 12 Sep, 13:30, "Firnando" <fucktard.muzzie.on.welfare@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I am a fucktard muzzie on Canadian welfare

>> What did that exercise prove?
>
>That he's a moron who thinks it will make atheists believe his fairy
>stories.

"Firnando" is the piece of shit otherwise known as faris jawad, the
fucktard muzzie on Canadian welfare

elle

On 13 Sep, 14:53, Emil Tiades <emiltia...@marathon.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:34:47 +0100, "Smiler" <Smi...@Joe.King.com>
> wrote:
>
> >*elle* wrote:
>
> >> What did that exercise prove?
>
> >That he's a moron who thinks it will make atheists believe his fairy
> >stories.
>
> "Firnando" is the piece of shit otherwise known as faris jawad, the
> fucktard muzzie on Canadian welfare

Couldn't understand that. Are you writing in plain English?