ANN: ruby-semacode-0.7.3

Guido Sohne

3/10/2007 3:35:00 AM

This Ruby extension implements a DataMatrix encoder for Ruby. It is
typically used to create semacodes, which are barcodes, that contain
URLs. This encoder does not create image files or visual
representations of the semacode. This is because it can be used for
more than creating images, such as rendering semacodes to HTML, SVG,
PDF or even stored in a database or file for later use.

Once you have a visual representation of the semacode, you can use a
reader, such as those from http://se... on your camera phone,
to capture the URL embedded in the semacode and proceed directly to
that web site.

You need a mobile camera phone supported by or listed in

http://se.../about/hardware/

The software is available via ruby gems (gem install semacode) and you
can find source at

http://rubyforge.org/projects...

To find out more, please view the README at

http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/3201/705/r...

-- G.

19 Answers

John Joyce

Very cool! These are the bar codes of the future, since they can
store data, sort of like a yaml file.
They're already widely in use here in Japan, but not yet in the US.
On Mar 10, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Guido Sohne wrote:

> This Ruby extension implements a DataMatrix encoder for Ruby. It is
> typically used to create semacodes, which are barcodes, that contain
> URLs. This encoder does not create image files or visual
> representations of the semacode. This is because it can be used for
> more than creating images, such as rendering semacodes to HTML, SVG,
> PDF or even stored in a database or file for later use.
>
> Once you have a visual representation of the semacode, you can use a
> reader, such as those from http://se... on your camera phone,
> to capture the URL embedded in the semacode and proceed directly to
> that web site.
>
> You need a mobile camera phone supported by or listed in
>
> http://se.../about/hardware/
>
> The software is available via ruby gems (gem install semacode) and you
> can find source at
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects...
>
> To find out more, please view the README at
>
> http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/3201/705/r...
>
> -- G.

Guido Sohne

On 3/10/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very cool! These are the bar codes of the future, since they can
> store data, sort of like a yaml file.
> They're already widely in use here in Japan, but not yet in the US.
I also have a client side encoder (in JavaScript) available at
http://sohne.net/projec... in case doing it server side isn't
good enough ...

Sheldon Cooper

On Mar 2, 2:37 pm, SilentOtto <silento...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 5:13 pm, Sheldon Cooper <richarddead...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 2, 2:06 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-74/5123-fox-new.......
>
> > > 01 March 11
>
> > > Fox News' Lies Keep Them Out of Canada
>
> > > By Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Reader Supported News
> > > Lovely
>
> > Remember back when literals were in favor of free speech?
>
> Remember when Republicans were against false advertising?

Still are. But, hey, I believe in Free Speech - you tell me - how is
Canada's actions any different than a book burning? Both want to
destroy the right of people to express ideas they disagree with.

What's the difference?

Can you answer that?

CAN YOU ANSWER A DIRECT QUESTION FOR ONCE IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE?

Why is Ted Kennedy any better than a 50s bumpkin who burned rock and
roll records?

Remember back when liberals where in favor
> Oh..  Wait...
>
> That was Democrats...
>
> Never mind.
>
> >Now they
> > want the Feds to decide what is the truth, what isn't, and people who
> > don't agree should be arrested.

> Now they want to continue to allow news providers claim that they're
> providing news when they're really providing lying propaganda.

....and yet, YOU'RE the one insisting that only one side must be
allowed to be heard, not the right. Seems to me YOU'RE the one who
wants propaganda, not the conservatives.

If what FOX says isn't true - then provide superior arguments. But
shutting them down only proves that you have noting of value to say
against them.

For all practical purposes, you are a book burner.

> > You've become fascists.
>
> You've never been anything but fascists.

You're the one who demands free speech be banned, Adolph.

Blackwater

Sheldon Cooper <richarddeadeye@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mar 2, 2:06?pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-74/5123-fox-new......
>>
>> 01 March 11
>>
>> Fox News' Lies Keep Them Out of Canada
>>
>> By Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Reader Supported News
>
>> Lovely
>
>Remember back when literals were in favor of free speech? Now they
>want the Feds to decide what is the truth, what isn't, and people who
>don't agree should be arrested.
>
>You've become fascists.

Well ... 'communists', Stalinists .....

But the only real dif is which side of your
head they hold the gun to.

Sheldon Cooper <richarddeadeye@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Mar 2, 2:37?pm, SilentOtto <silento...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ..

>> > Remember back when literals were in favor of free speech? ?
>>
>> Remember when Republicans were against false advertising?
>
> Still are. But, hey, I believe in Free Speech - you tell me - how is
> Canada's actions any different than a book burning? Both want to
> destroy the right of people to express ideas they disagree with.

Remember when fox news sued in order to be allowed to lie?

"In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an
assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or
falsifying the news in the United States."

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/11-the-...
legally-lie/

Maybe the canooks have different laws

> What's the difference?
>
> Can you answer that?
>
> CAN YOU ANSWER A DIRECT QUESTION FOR ONCE IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE?
>
> Why is Ted Kennedy any better than a 50s bumpkin who burned rock and
> roll records?
>
> Remember back when liberals where in favor
>> Oh.. ?Wait...
>>
>> That was Democrats...
>>
>> Never mind.
>>
>> >Now they
>> > want the Feds to decide what is the truth, what isn't, and people
>> > who don't agree should be arrested.
>
>> Now they want to continue to allow news providers claim that they're
>> providing news when they're really providing lying propaganda.
>
> ...and yet, YOU'RE the one insisting that only one side must be
> allowed to be heard, not the right. Seems to me YOU'RE the one who
> wants propaganda, not the conservatives.
>
> If what FOX says isn't true - then provide superior arguments. But
> shutting them down only proves that you have noting of value to say
> against them.
>
> For all practical purposes, you are a book burner.
>
>> > You've become fascists.
>>
>> You've never been anything but fascists.
>
> You're the one who demands free speech be banned, Adolph.

SilentOtto

On Mar 2, 6:08 pm, Sheldon Cooper <richarddead...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2:37 pm, SilentOtto <silento...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Remember back when literals were in favor of free speech?
>
> > Remember when Republicans were against false advertising?
>
> Still are.

Liar.

If you were, you'd be pissed that FOX is calling themselves a news
outlet.

>But, hey, I believe in Free Speech - you tell me - how is
> Canada's actions any different than a book burning?   Both want to
> destroy the right of people to express ideas they disagree with.

I don't want to ban free speech, rightard.

I just want to make FOX tell one when they're lying.

You know... Sort of a disclaimer.

Megan Kelly could just preface her segment with "Everything I tell you
is going to be bullshit."

After that, she can lie all she wants.

Heh heh...

Rightards...

Batshit crazy and dogshit stupid, every single last one of you.

> What's the difference?
>
> Can you answer that?
>
> CAN YOU ANSWER A DIRECT QUESTION FOR ONCE IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE?
>
> Why is Ted Kennedy any better than a 50s bumpkin who burned rock and
> roll records?
>
> Remember back when liberals where in favor
>
> > Oh..  Wait...
>
> > That was Democrats...
>
> > Never mind.
>
> > >Now they
> > > want the Feds to decide what is the truth, what isn't, and people who
> > > don't agree should be arrested.
> > Now they want to continue to allow news providers claim that they're
> > providing news when they're really providing lying propaganda.
>
> ...and yet, YOU'RE the one insisting that only one side must be
> allowed to be heard, not the right.  Seems to me YOU'RE the one who
> wants propaganda, not the conservatives.
>
> If what FOX says isn't true - then provide superior arguments.  But
> shutting them down only proves that you have noting of value to say
> against them.
>
> For all practical purposes, you are a book burner.
>
> > > You've become fascists.
>
> > You've never been anything but fascists.
>
> You're the one who demands free speech be banned, Adolph.

Bret Cahill

> > http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-74/5123-fox-new......
>
> > 01 March 11
>
> > Fox News' Lies Keep Them Out of Canada
>
> > By Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Reader Supported News
> > Lovely
>
> Remember back when literals were in favor of free speech?

www.bretcahill.com

rfischer

Sheldon Cooper <richarddeadeye@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mar 2, 2:06?pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-74/5123-fox-new......
>>
>> 01 March 11
>>
>> Fox News' Lies Keep Them Out of Canada
>>
>> By Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Reader Supported News
>
>> Lovely
>
>Remember back when literals were in favor of free speech?

Still are, fascist dumbass.

Freedom of speech doesn't include any right to use the public airwaves
to broadcast lies.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal

Lamont Cranston

On 3/3/2011 7:03 PM, Buster Norris wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:11:50 -0800 (PST), SilentOtto
> <silentotto@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does SilentNigger

Off topic, racist.

Buster Norris

Lamont Cranston Is A Proven Liar - #1

"Lamont Cranston" <Lamont.Cranston@umbra.com> wrote in message
> San Francisco is the greatest city in the country.

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...