Hanan Mneimneh

3/8/2007 10:51:00 AM

Hello

I installed open4, but when i tried samples I got the following error:
uninitialized constant fcntl::F_SETFD. why??? please note that I am working
on windows.
Thank in advance

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/...

13 Answers

Tim Pease

On 3/8/07, Hanan Mneimneh <hanan_mneimneh@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed open4, but when i tried samples I got the following error:
> uninitialized constant fcntl::F_SETFD. why??? please note that I am working
> on windows.
> Thank in advance

open4 will not work on Windows -- it is a Unix only library.For
Windows there is popen4.

http://rubyforge.org/projec...

It does the same thing ... but for Windows. Be forewarned that the
possibility of blocking the program on a full pipe is very possible on
the Windows platform. Ara and Tom Pollard had a good discussion about
this last Thanksgiving.

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby...

Blessings,
TwP

Ara.T.Howard

Gary

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:45:03 -0500, High Miles
<2blues1723@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 3/22/2013 11:10 AM, Gary wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:00:11 -0700 (PDT), GLOBALIST
>> <free.tuneup@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://iycoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/Obama-and-...
>> Looks just like him. But he is NOT "all things to all people".
>> For instance, he is absolutely nothing to me.
>>
> ><
>Gary ~ He's the legally elected leader of the free world.
>
>Black people in general are nothing to you.
>
>Stands to reason the President would slide into that category.
>
>You still seem awfully angry about his victory.

It's not anger. Isn't it possible to be totally disgusted without
anger ? Maybe I'm being unfair. But to look at that ugly face
and realize that there are people in this world who think he
represents the average American. My country ! The country of my
ancestors ! That is disgusting. He's so damn ugly !

In the past three years I have not watched him on TV for more than
about 30 seconds -- at one time. That's the time it takes me to
grab the clicker.

It has nothing to do with his race. If he was an Irishmen was that
ugly -- I'd not care for him.

High Miles

On 3/23/2013 5:19 PM, Gary wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:45:03 -0500, High Miles
> <2blues1723@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On 3/22/2013 11:10 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> Looks just like him. But he is NOT "all things to all people".
>>> For instance, he is absolutely nothing to me.
>>>
>>> <
>> Gary ~ He's the legally elected leader of the free world.
>>
>> Black people in general are nothing to you.
>>
>> Stands to reason the President would slide into that category.
>>
>> You still seem awfully angry about his victory.
> It's not anger. Isn't it possible to be totally disgusted without
> anger ? Maybe I'm being unfair. But to look at that ugly face
> and realize that there are people in this world who think he
> represents the average American. My country ! The country of my
> ancestors ! That is disgusting. He's so damn ugly !
Nope

> In the past three years I have not watched him on TV for more than
> about 30 seconds -- at one time. That's the time it takes me to
> grab the clicker. It has nothing to do with his race. If he was an Irishmen was that
> ugly -- I'd not care for him.

Jealousy or perhaps................................envy

><
You perceive him as ugly because you resent his existence.
He's really very attractive.

You were not able to see beauty in Miss Israel either.

See any correlation ?

Gary

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:59:08 -0500, High Miles
<2blues1723@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 3/23/2013 5:19 PM, Gary wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:45:03 -0500, High Miles
>> <2blues1723@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Gary ~ He's the legally elected leader of the free world.
>>>
>>> Black people in general are nothing to you.
>>>
>>> Stands to reason the President would slide into that category.
>>>
>>> You still seem awfully angry about his victory.
>> It's not anger. Isn't it possible to be totally disgusted without
>> anger ? Maybe I'm being unfair. But to look at that ugly face
>> and realize that there are people in this world who think he
>> represents the average American. My country ! The country of my
>> ancestors ! That is disgusting. He's so damn ugly !
>Nope
>>
>> In the past three years I have not watched him on TV for more than
>> about 30 seconds -- at one time. That's the time it takes me to
>> grab the clicker. It has nothing to do with his race. If he was an Irishmen was that
>> ugly -- I'd not care for him.
>>

>Jealousy or perhaps................................envy
>

>You perceive him as ugly because you resent his existence.
>He's really very attractive.
>
>You were not able to see beauty in Miss Israel either.
>
>See any correlation ?

We all have our standards. To me the classic Celtic features are
the epitome of beautiful. The further away from those features a
person is ... the less beautiful

Liz Taylor and Paul Newman come to mind.

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/transformation/young-elizabeth-tayl...

http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/hollywood/portraits/paul_...

For instance. I think JFK was a low-life and a scoundrel without
equal. But ... he was good looking. I do not think Obama is
a scoundrel. But if I had to hang a picture of a president over my
desk -- it would be JFK before it would be BO.

rumpelstiltskin

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:19:13 -0400, Gary <nov@none.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:45:03 -0500, High Miles
><2blues1723@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On 3/22/2013 11:10 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> Looks just like him. But he is NOT "all things to all people".
>>> For instance, he is absolutely nothing to me.
>>>
>> ><
>>Gary ~ He's the legally elected leader of the free world.
>>
>>Black people in general are nothing to you.
>>
>>Stands to reason the President would slide into that category.
>>
>>You still seem awfully angry about his victory.
>
>It's not anger. Isn't it possible to be totally disgusted without
>anger ? Maybe I'm being unfair. But to look at that ugly face
>and realize that there are people in this world who think he
>represents the average American. My country ! The country of my
>ancestors ! That is disgusting. He's so damn ugly !

He's better looking than most guys his age, black or white.
You have a problem that you're trying to weasel out of, but
it ain't working.

>In the past three years I have not watched him on TV for more than
>about 30 seconds -- at one time. That's the time it takes me to
>grab the clicker.
>
>It has nothing to do with his race. If he was an Irishmen was that
>ugly -- I'd not care for him.

rumpelstiltskin

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:43:49 -0400, Gary <nov@none.com> wrote:
<snip>

>>You perceive him as ugly because you resent his existence.
>>He's really very attractive.
>>
>>You were not able to see beauty in Miss Israel either.
>>
>>See any correlation ?
>
>We all have our standards. To me the classic Celtic features are
>the epitome of beautiful. The further away from those features a
>person is ... the less beautiful
>
>Liz Taylor and Paul Newman come to mind.

The late actor Paul Newman was born on January 26, 1925 in Shaker
Heights, Ohio. His father was Jewish of Polish and Hungarian
extraction, and his mother was from a Slovakian family. Though he
wasn?t particularly religious, he considered himself Jewish.
http://ethnicitysleuth.tumblr.com/post/7419519411/p...

(p.s. I didn't know he was dead.)

Gary

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:29:53 -0700, rumpelstiltskin
<rumpelstiltskin@x.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:43:49 -0400, Gary <nov@none.com> wrote:
><snip>
>

>>>You perceive him as ugly because you resent his existence.
>>>He's really very attractive.
>>>
>>>You were not able to see beauty in Miss Israel either.
>>>
>>>See any correlation ?
>>
>>We all have our standards. To me the classic Celtic features are
>>the epitome of beautiful. The further away from those features a
>>person is ... the less beautiful
>>
>>Liz Taylor and Paul Newman come to mind.
>

>The late actor Paul Newman was born on January 26, 1925 in Shaker
>Heights, Ohio. His father was Jewish of Polish and Hungarian
>extraction, and his mother was from a Slovakian family. Though he

>wasn?t particularly religious, he considered himself Jewish.

In Hollywood -- that is profitable :-)

> (p.s. I didn't know he was dead.)

I knew Paul was part Jewish. But there must have been an Irishman
in his woodpile somewhere along the line. I used him as an example
because he is probably the best looking man I've ever seen.

I didn't know he was dead, either. I'm sorry to hear it. I've
not watched a movie of his in several years -- but I did enjoy them
for many years.

One of the best stories ever written (The Hamlet) by one of the
greatest writers who ever lived (William Faulkner) was made into a
movie (Long Hot Summer) starring Paul Newman (circa 1958) And there
has never been one I enjoyed more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long,_...

R.I.P. Paul.

Gary

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:29:53 -0700, rumpelstiltskin
<rumpelstiltskin@x.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:19:13 -0400, Gary <nov@none.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:45:03 -0500, High Miles
>><2blues1723@comcast.net> wrote:

>>>Gary ~ He's the legally elected leader of the free world.
>>>
>>>Black people in general are nothing to you.
>>>
>>>Stands to reason the President would slide into that category.
>>>
>>>You still seem awfully angry about his victory.
>>
>>It's not anger. Isn't it possible to be totally disgusted without
>>anger ? Maybe I'm being unfair. But to look at that ugly face
>>and realize that there are people in this world who think he
>>represents the average American. My country ! The country of my
>>ancestors ! That is disgusting. He's so damn ugly !
>
> He's better looking than most guys his age, black or white.
>You have a problem that you're trying to weasel out of, but
>it ain't working.

On an evolutionary scale -- I'd rank him as slightly higher -- and
better looking -- than a pile of whale manure. I'm sorry ! I'm
sorry ! I know that to be accepted by liberals, I'm suppose to
say: "He's the most articulate and handsome (blank) I've ever seen"!

But I hate to lie.

rumpelstiltskin

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:55:27 -0400, Gary <nov@none.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:29:53 -0700, rumpelstiltskin
><rumpelstiltskin@x.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:19:13 -0400, Gary <nov@none.com> wrote:

>>>It's not anger. Isn't it possible to be totally disgusted without
>>>anger ? Maybe I'm being unfair. But to look at that ugly face
>>>and realize that there are people in this world who think he
>>>represents the average American. My country ! The country of my
>>>ancestors ! That is disgusting. He's so damn ugly !
>>
>> He's better looking than most guys his age, black or white.
>>You have a problem that you're trying to weasel out of, but
>>it ain't working.
>
>On an evolutionary scale -- I'd rank him as slightly higher -- and
>better looking -- than a pile of whale manure. I'm sorry ! I'm
>sorry ! I know that to be accepted by liberals, I'm suppose to
>say: "He's the most articulate and handsome (blank) I've ever seen"!

Well, that's your problem.