Looking for crc32-0.1.0

www-data

3/8/2007 2:18:00 AM

I inherited some legacy ruby code that uses the Digest::CRC32 extension
mentioned here:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/639...

Unfortunately the source I was given only included that extension
already compiled for Windows (i.e. no source) and I am trying to port
the code to run under the Mac and Linux... but it seems that the
original site is MIA and the project has been removed from the RAA, so I
am in a pickle!

Before I go and try to roll my own implementation, I thought I'd check
and see if anyone happens to have a copy of the source tarball for that
extension laying around that they could send me... Anyone? Please?! :-)

My email is: s0nspark <at> gmail <dot> com

Thanks so much!
Tim

Gavin Kistner

On Mar 7, 6:18 pm, www-data <www-d...@server.andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Before I go and try to roll my own implementation, I thought I'd check
> and see if anyone happens to have a copy of the source tarball for that
> extension laying around that they could send me... Anyone? Please?! :-)

Could you post a few simple and complex test cases of the input/output
this library produces?

Timothy Goddard

On Mar 8, 3:18 pm, www-data <www-d...@server.andreas-s.net> wrote:
> I inherited some legacy ruby code that uses the Digest::CRC32 extension
> mentioned here:http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk......
>
> Unfortunately the source I was given only included that extension
> already compiled for Windows (i.e. no source) and I am trying to port
> the code to run under the Mac and Linux... but it seems that the
> original site is MIA and the project has been removed from the RAA, so I
> am in a pickle!
>
> Before I go and try to roll my own implementation, I thought I'd check
> and see if anyone happens to have a copy of the source tarball for that
> extension laying around that they could send me... Anyone? Please?! :-)
>
> My email is: s0nspark <at> gmail <dot> com
>
> Thanks so much!
> Tim

CRC32 can be found in the OpenSSL library. This is available with all
standard installations.

Tim Ferrell

Timothy Goddard wrote:

> CRC32 can be found in the OpenSSL library. This is available with all
> standard installations.

Yes, I am aware of that (and that Zlib also has a Ccrc32 method I could
substitute. It is just that the particular extension I'm after seems to
adhere to the common interface of a Digest module ...

Of course I am still sorting out what exactly that is in terms of the
code I've inherited so it may not be a big deal in the end. Still, if
anyone has that tarball hanging about... :-)

Cheers,
Tim

David Johnston

On 7/3/2012 5:10 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Jul 2, 11:40 pm, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> by Billy Ingram
>
>> This is one fantastic trashy trip back to 1980!
>
> Another pussy critic who qualifies what he writes by saying the show
> is "trashy."

What you think he should say it isn't trashy?

JustDoIt

trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote in

> On 7/3/12 6:10 AM, RichA wrote:
>> On Jul 2, 11:40 pm, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> by Billy Ingram
>>
>>> This is one fantastic trashy trip back to 1980!
>>
>> Another pussy critic who qualifies what he writes by saying the show
>> is "trashy."
>

> You find the show not to be trashy?

Sure I do. That's not the point. It's the qualification that is the
problem. The inability of a critic to admitting they like a certain type
of show (pick any reality show, really) without the intellectual pretense
they try to display. Like the term, "popcorn movie" another term used to
say, "I liked it, but that doesn't mean I'm disregarding the fact I'm
still an intellectual." It's dishonesty.

Annie Woughman

"Rich" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote in

>>> Another pussy critic who qualifies what he writes by saying the show
>>> is "trashy."
>>

>> You find the show not to be trashy?
>>
> Sure I do. That's not the point. It's the qualification that is the
> problem. The inability of a critic to admitting they like a certain type
> of show (pick any reality show, really) without the intellectual pretense
> they try to display. Like the term, "popcorn movie" another term used to
> say, "I liked it, but that doesn't mean I'm disregarding the fact I'm
> still an intellectual." It's dishonesty.

I have to agree. Anything that is considered "entertainment" is just that.
Some people like the more artsy stuff and some are entertained by less
intellectual stuff and lots of us like both, but who cares? One shouldn't
knock any type of entertainment they enjoy just because they are afraid
someone will think they aren't discerning enough about their choices. Even
the term "guilty pleasure" annoys me.