[ANN] memcache-client 1.3.0 Released

Eric Hodel

3/7/2007 5:19:00 AM

memcache-client version 1.3.0 has been released!

http://dev.robotcoop.com/Libraries/memca...

memcache-client is a pure-ruby client to Danga's memcached.

Changes:

= 1.3.0

* Apply patch #6507, add stats command. Submitted by Tyler Kovacs.
* Apply patch #6509, parallel implementation of #get_multi. Submitted
by Tyler Kovacs.
* Validate keys. Disallow spaces in keys or keys that are too long.
* Perform more validation of server responses. MemCache now reports
errors if the socket was not in an expected state. (Please file
bugs if you find some.)
* Add #incr and #decr.
* Add raw argument to #set and #get to retrieve #incr and #decr
values.
* Also put on MemCacheError when using Cache::get with block.
* memcache.rb no longer sets $TESTING to a true value if it was
previously defined. Bug #8213 by Matijs van Zuijlen.

http://dev.robotcoop.com/Libraries/memca...

17 Answers

Mason Barge

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:16:42 -0700, anim8rFSK <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>In article
><2c9f969a-c2ad-457a-a5aa-d8a8fc33956d@j25g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
> Michael OConnor <mpoconnor7@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
>> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
>> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
>> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
>> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
>> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
>> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
>> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
>
>But the prosecution was even slimier. We saw Marcia Clark commit
>perjury right to Ito's face, and he knew it. We saw the DNA expert for
>the prosecution admit that her entire testimony was false. Ito should
>have had people taken out of his courtroom in shackles routinely.
>Unfortunately the only one he stuck to his guns on his punishment for
>was Kristin Jeanette-Meyers.

Yeah, no kidding. The thing about prosecutors is that they have so much
more power than defense lawyers. So the slimy ones do a horrendous amount
of damage.

mikeos

On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.

I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

Dano

"mikeos" wrote in message news:I8qdnasJcaQqIbHNnZ2dnUVZ7oadnZ2d@bt.com...

On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.

I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

Why don't you get arrested in London and find out?

Get back to us.

Mason Barge

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:26:13 +0100, mikeos <mikeos3@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
>> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
>> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
>> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
>> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
>> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
>> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
>> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
>> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
>>
>I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
>convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
>of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

I read a reliable report (as I remember) that some city had a program in
its jail, where for something like that they could get a clean single
cell. But jails often house unconvicted suspects.

Anim8rFSK

In article <1fiq28dlocrtqdje3kv237kes9c6vbclhm@4ax.com>,
Mason Barge <masonbarge@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:26:13 +0100, mikeos <mikeos3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
> >> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
> >> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
> >> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
> >> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
> >> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
> >> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
> >> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
> >> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
> >>
> >I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
> >convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
> >of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.
>
> I read a reliable report (as I remember) that some city had a program in
> its jail, where for something like that they could get a clean single
> cell. But jails often house unconvicted suspects.

We were doing that here (Arizona) at one point. Not sure if we still
are.

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

mikeos

On 16/08/2012 16:31, Dano wrote:
> "mikeos" wrote in message news:I8qdnasJcaQqIbHNnZ2dnUVZ7oadnZ2d@bt.com...
> On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
>> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
>> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
>> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
>> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
>> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
>> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
>> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
>> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
>>
> I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
> convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
> of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

> Why don't you get arrested in London and find out?
>
> Get back to us.

London? The use of the US$ sign should be a clue.

Dano

"mikeos" wrote in message news:YZudnZxu1dgUY63NnZ2dnUVZ8rWdnZ2d@bt.com...

On 16/08/2012 16:31, Dano wrote:
> "mikeos" wrote in message news:I8qdnasJcaQqIbHNnZ2dnUVZ7oadnZ2d@bt.com...
> On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
>> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
>> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
>> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
>> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
>> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
>> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
>> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
>> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
>>
> I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
> convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
> of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

> Why don't you get arrested in London and find out?
>
> Get back to us.

London? The use of the US$ sign should be a clue.

===================================

The story itself was reputed to have been heard on BBC radio. Should have
been a clue for YOU.

If it makes you happier...try getting locked up in NYC. <sheesh>

David Johnston

On 8/19/2012 9:34 AM, Dano wrote:
> "mikeos" wrote in message news:YZudnZxu1dgUY63NnZ2dnUVZ8rWdnZ2d@bt.com...
>
> On 16/08/2012 16:31, Dano wrote:
>> "mikeos" wrote in message
>> On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
>>> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
>>> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
>>> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
>>> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
>>> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
>>> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
>>> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
>>> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
>>>
>> I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
>> convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
>> of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

>> Why don't you get arrested in London and find out?
>>
>> Get back to us.
>
> London? The use of the US$ sign should be a clue.
>
> ===================================
>
> The story itself was reputed to have been heard on BBC radio. Should
> have been a clue for YOU.

But BBC radio wouldn't give figures in dollars.

Dano

"David Johnston" wrote in message news:k0r3ed$hko$1@dont-email.me...

On 8/19/2012 9:34 AM, Dano wrote:
> "mikeos" wrote in message news:YZudnZxu1dgUY63NnZ2dnUVZ8rWdnZ2d@bt.com...
>
> On 16/08/2012 16:31, Dano wrote:
>> "mikeos" wrote in message
>> On 02/07/2012 18:09, Michael OConnor wrote:
>>> I think most people believe that defense attorneys are by and large
>>> slimy, and for most of us that disdain probably collectively coalesced
>>> with the OJ trial, and we all saw Barry Schreck talk his way out of
>>> DNA evidence on one test that had IIRC a one in one hundred sixty
>>> seven billion chance that the blood belonged to somebody besides OJ,
>>> and we all saw Johnnie Cochran with his courtroom antics, riding
>>> roughshod over the judge and prosecution. We watched a rich guy buy
>>> his way out of life in prison, thanks to defense attorneys.
>>>
>> I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
>> convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
>> of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.

>> Why don't you get arrested in London and find out?
>>
>> Get back to us.
>
> London? The use of the US$ sign should be a clue.
>
> ===================================
>
> The story itself was reputed to have been heard on BBC radio. Should
> have been a clue for YOU.

But BBC radio wouldn't give figures in dollars.

======================================

The quote was never said to be a direct quote. What are we in a court room?

Save me from internet lawyers. Worse than jailhouse lawyers. :-)

Never thought such a simple, off hand remark would garner such concern.

David Johnston

On 8/19/2012 10:24 AM, Dano wrote:
> "David Johnston" wrote in message news:k0r3ed$hko$1@dont-email.me...
>
> On 8/19/2012 9:34 AM, Dano wrote:
>> "mikeos" wrote in message
>>
>> On 16/08/2012 16:31, Dano wrote:
>>> "mikeos" wrote in message
>>>>
>>> I heard something recently which surprised me - Is it true that
>>> convicted crims can pay to upgrade their cell? I believe that a figure
>>> of $60 a night was mentioned. Heard this on BBC radio.
>>>
>>> ===========================================
>>>
>>> Why don't you get arrested in London and find out?
>>>
>>> Get back to us.
>>
>> London? The use of the US$ sign should be a clue.

>> The story itself was reputed to have been heard on BBC radio. Should
>> have been a clue for YOU.
>
> But BBC radio wouldn't give figures in dollars.

> The quote was never said to be a direct quote. What are we in a court
> room?

No. You're in a venue where there are no consequences for lying and
people frequently do.