Re: Nuby ?: How to create XML request with Ruby

Alex Young

3/6/2007 7:01:00 PM

Donald Musser wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to create an XML request using Ruby. I need to
> define a set amount of fields within the request and post it to a specific
> host and port. I'm new to Ruby and am not really sure on how I could do
> this. Suggestions?

Is this for a specific protocol, like SOAP or XMLRPC? They both have
wrapper libraries which could be useful.

--
Alex

1 Answer

Richard Conroy

On 3/6/07, Donald Musser <dmjmusser@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think so...just a simple XML request that I post to a URL and port.

Net/HTTP, REXML (or XmlSimple), open-uri are all libraries that allow you to
send XML content over HTTP POST.