Error when specifying proxy

Behrang Saeedzadeh

When I set the HTTP_PROXY env var to
user:pass@http://proxy.monash.e... and run gem to install
Rials, I get the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Behrang>gem install rails --remote
ERROR: While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
can not set user with registry or opaque

Any ideas what is probably causing the error and how can I fix it?
(The environment is Win XP)

Regards,
Behi

--
"Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition"
- Alan Turing

Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.jroller.com/page...
http://my.opera.com...

1 Answer

Stefan Mahlitz

Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I set the HTTP_PROXY env var to
> user:pass@http://proxy.monash.e... and run gem to install
> Rials, I get the following error:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Behrang>gem install rails --remote
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
> can not set user with registry or opaque
>
> Any ideas what is probably causing the error and how can I fix it?
> (The environment is Win XP)

It should be

http://user:pass@proxy.monash.edu.au:8080

if I remember correctly

You can also set this up in your .gemrc-file