Re: Library documenting tutorial

Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev

3/6/2007 3:53:00 PM

From: Tim Pease [mailto:tim.pease@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:47 PM
>On 3/6/07, Victor Zverok Shepelev <vshepelev@imho.com.ua> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with
>RDoc?
>>
>> I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
>> common practicies.
>>

>If you have a copy of the Ruby source code, Matz has a nice
>documentation style in the core classes. That would be a good
>convention to follow.
>
>Nathaniel Talbott's Test::Unit rdoc is also a good example. That, too,
>can be found in the Ruby source code:
>
>$RUBY_SRC/lib/test/unit

Yeah, I understand.
Just wanted to enjoy my lazyness with a small tutorial, showing all the
essentials at one page.

Instead, it seems like I have to enjoy my diligence by documenting my
library and than writing such kind of tutorial by myself :)

V.

1 Answer

Giles Bowkett

> >> Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with
> >RDoc?
> >>
> >> I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
> >> common practicies.

There's another reason to love the Ruby community. People wanting to
find out how to get their documentation exactly right. That's a good
thing. Sorry a tutorial like that doesn't exist to my knowledge either
but you can get a pretty good feel for it by reading core libraries,
as Tim said.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...