Library documenting tutorial

Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev

3/6/2007 3:27:00 PM

Hi all.

Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with RDoc?

I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
common practicies.

Thanks.

V.

1 Answer

Tim Pease

On 3/6/07, Victor Zverok Shepelev <vshepelev@imho.com.ua> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with RDoc?
>
> I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
> common practicies.

If you have a copy of the Ruby source code, Matz has a nice
documentation style in the core classes. That would be a good
convention to follow.

Nathaniel Talbott's Test::Unit rdoc is also a good example. That, too,
can be found in the Ruby source code:

$RUBY_SRC/lib/test/unit

Blessings,
TwP