garbage collection parameters and statistics

Vinod Kone

3/5/2007 10:10:00 PM

hi,

i was wondering whether there is a mechanism in ruby where we can tune
certain GC params like heap size etc and collect the stats like pause
times etc in ruby. i would like to analyze the GC performance of ruby
with varying certain params.

all i could find was a GC.start and stop which is of no use to me

tx,

Eric Hodel

On Mar 5, 2007, at 14:10, Vinod Kone wrote:

> i was wondering whether there is a mechanism in ruby where we can tune
> certain GC params like heap size etc and collect the stats like pause
> times etc in ruby. i would like to analyze the GC performance of ruby
> with varying certain params.

Only by recompiling gc.c.