rake db:migrate command question

paul.denlinger@gmail.com

3/5/2007 5:45:00 AM

In chapter five of the book Build Your Own Ruby on Rails Applications,
when I entered the rake db:migrate command in the Ruby console, I got
the following message back:

<code>:
Warning require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
</code>

What does this mean, and what should I do? Was the rake db:migrate
command executed? If I want to update require_gem, what do I need to
do?

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers

Josselin

On 2007-03-05 06:44:47 +0100, "paul.denlinger@gmail.com"
<paul.denlinger@gmail.com> said:

> In chapter five of the book Build Your Own Ruby on Rails Applications,
> when I entered the rake db:migrate command in the Ruby console, I got
> the following message back:
>
> <code>:
> Warning require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
> </code>
>
> What does this mean, and what should I do? Was the rake db:migrate
> command executed? If I want to update require_gem, what do I need to
> do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

better asking/searching , at http://www.ruby-forum.c...
Rails forum...
;-)
joss

Obveeus

"anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Morena's shooting Homeland right now. Jewel's probably shooting The
> L.A. Complex. Gina's on Suits but I don't know if it's in production.
> No idea what Summer's up to, but I'll bet she looks awesome doing it.

Is Summer Glau coming back this season on ALPHAS?

shawn

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:05:41 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>"anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Morena's shooting Homeland right now. Jewel's probably shooting The
>> L.A. Complex. Gina's on Suits but I don't know if it's in production.
>> No idea what Summer's up to, but I'll bet she looks awesome doing it.
>

>Is Summer Glau coming back this season on ALPHAS?

Seems likely but I doubt if it is more than a guest star role.

mcardle

In article <cvd3v7h2oigdlt6fnc2v3001qdf8goo544@4ax.com>, shawn
<nanoflower@gNOTmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:05:41 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>"anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Morena's shooting Homeland right now. Jewel's probably shooting The
>>> L.A. Complex. Gina's on Suits but I don't know if it's in production.
>>> No idea what Summer's up to, but I'll bet she looks awesome doing it.
>>

>>Is Summer Glau coming back this season on ALPHAS?
>>
>Seems likely but I doubt if it is more than a guest star role.

I saw her in a preview the other day. "Knights of Badassdom"

But ComicCon is only four days, so they may get leave passes.

--
Edward McArdle

Rhino

On 02/07/2012 11:02 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:05:41 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>

>> "anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Morena's shooting Homeland right now. Jewel's probably shooting The
>>> L.A. Complex. Gina's on Suits but I don't know if it's in production.
>>> No idea what Summer's up to, but I'll bet she looks awesome doing it.
>>

>> Is Summer Glau coming back this season on ALPHAS?
>>
> Seems likely but I doubt if it is more than a guest star role.

No, they wouldn't want to cause Alphas to get canceled by promoting Glau
to regular, unless they planned for it to be the final season anyway.
It's dangerous enough having her as a recurring guest star.

Obveeus

"shawn" <nanoflower@gNOTmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 08:05:41 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>"anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Morena's shooting Homeland right now. Jewel's probably shooting The
>>> L.A. Complex. Gina's on Suits but I don't know if it's in production.
>>> No idea what Summer's up to, but I'll bet she looks awesome doing it.
>>

>>Is Summer Glau coming back this season on ALPHAS?
>>
> Seems likely but I doubt if it is more than a guest star role.

Confirmation that Summer Glau will be back for 3 episodes of ALPHAS this
season:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/05/new-season-of-alphas-to-feature-guest-stars-summer-glau-sean-astin-c-thomas-howell-lauren-holly-mo...

Also guest starring: Kandyse McClure, Lauren Holly, Sean Astin, C. Thomas
Howell, and more.