Help needed with Regexp Class

Sean Smitz

3/5/2007 1:18:00 AM

I can not seem to get the Regexp::MULTILINE mode enabled for specific
Regexp objects. I've tried:

Regexp.new(expr, 'm')
Regexp.new(expr, '/m')
Regexp.new(expr, Regexp::MULTILINE)

among others. What goes in the option field? Thanks in advance,

Sean

dblack

Sean Smitz

Nevermind, I just tried Regexp::MULTILINE in there and this time it
worked... How very annoying. Thank you

Sean

> irb(main):001:0> Regexp.new(".", Regexp::MULTILINE)
> => /./m
>
> If expr is itself a regex, then the multiline flag will be ignored,
> but you should get a warning for that.
>

> David

james g. keegan jr.

In article
<066d39fa-706b-4d01-aa8e-f1ec2bc5d35c@j19g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
pnyikos <nyikos2@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 7:47?pm, The Chief Instigator <patr...@io.com> wrote:

> > ...and you're the one that wants to make your self-serving "standards"
> > apply
> > to everyone else,
>
> Cut the Ray Fischer imitation, Chief Idiot. The only "self-serving"
> standard I want to apply to everyone else

you have already refuted your lie, plagiarist.