Re: Notepad Font Defaults

Yannick Grams

3/4/2007 3:45:00 AM

You can, but I'd like to do it through a program automatically. That way the
user doesn't have to do it themself.

>From: Daniel Finnie <danfinnie@optonline.net>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Re: Notepad Font Defaults
>Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 12:43:54 +0900
>
>I don't run Windows but I believe you can change the font color, etc. from
>within the Notepad GUI in the View menu. Not sure...
>
>Dan
>
>Yannick Grams wrote:
>>Does anybody have code that will change the default font and size in
>>Notepad? If so, please share it. Thanks in advance!

>>Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search
>>Now! www.seek.com.au
>>http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&...

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&...

1 Answer

Alex Young

Yannick Grams wrote:
> You can, but I'd like to do it through a program automatically. That way
> the user doesn't have to do it themself.
Are you sure you don't want to render to HTML and pop up a browser
window? You'll get much more control over the appearance that way. If
you change the settings for Notepad, you'll have to change them
system-wide, as far as I know. Your users may not appreciate your doing
that for them.

--
Alex