using Scite to change directory

mosar

3/1/2007 2:14:00 PM

> mosar wrote:
> > I tried this command without success:
>
> > Dir.chdir (D)
>
> > I shall I proceed ?
>
> > mosar

> http://www.ruby-do...
>
> Did you read this documentation ?
>
> Thanks

I am coming again with my littler problem. I tried exactly this
command:
Dir.chdir("C:\Documents and Settings\Jean\Bureau") and the answer was:

"No such file or directory."
I know that this path is correct and that the files exist because I
have tested it with the command window.
I am making a little syntax error but how ?

mosar

Harry

> I am coming again with my littler problem. I tried exactly this
> command:
> Dir.chdir("C:\Documents and Settings\Jean\Bureau") and the answer was:
>
> "No such file or directory."
> I know that this path is correct and that the files exist because I
> have tested it with the command window.
> I am making a little syntax error but how ?
>
> mosar

Try this

--
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English

mosar

On 3 mar, 14:49, "mosar" <jean.mo...@neuf.fr> wrote:
> On 3 mar, 13:32, Harry <ruby.hardw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am coming again with my littler problem. I tried exactly this
> > > command:
> > > Dir.chdir("C:\Documents and Settings\Jean\Bureau") and the answer was:
>
> > > "No such file or directory."
> > > I know that this path is correct and that the files exist because I
> > > have tested it with the command window.
> > > I am making a little syntax error but how ?
>
> > > mosar
>
> > Try this
>
> > Dir.chdir("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")
>
> > Harry
> > --http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
> > Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English

Its OK. I have no message.But now I am trying Dir.entries with the
same files.Dir.entries(C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")I
have no answer.Can you help me?

Harry

On 3/3/07, mosar <jean.moser@neuf.fr> wrote:

> > > Try this
> >
> > > Dir.chdir("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")
> >
> > > Harry
> > > --http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
> > > Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English
>
> Its OK. I have no message.But now I am trying Dir.entries with the
> same files.Dir.entries(C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")I
> have no answer.Can you help me?

Dir.entries(C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")

should be

Dir.entries("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")
Add quote at beginning.

Harry

--
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English

Gavin Kistner

On Mar 3, 5:32 am, Harry <ruby.hardw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am coming again with my littler problem. I tried exactly this
> > command:
> > Dir.chdir("C:\Documents and Settings\Jean\Bureau") and the answer was:
>
> > "No such file or directory."
> > I know that this path is correct and that the files exist because I
> > have tested it with the command window.
> > I am making a little syntax error but how ?
>
> > mosar
>
> Try this
>
> Dir.chdir("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jean\\Bureau")

Or
Dir.chdir( "C:/Documents and Settings/Jean/Bureau" )

Even though Windows normally uses a backslash for directory path
separator, Ruby allows the forward slash in (almost?) all cases.