Rake Namespaces

James Gray

2/27/2007 10:47:00 PM

Assuming the Rakefile:

namespace :abc do
task :foo do
# ...

namespace :def do
task :bar => ??? do
# ...

Is there a way for me to reference the task abc:foo as a requirement
where the ??? is?

Thanks.

James Edward Gray II

2 Answers

Marcel Molina Jr.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:47:29AM +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> Assuming the Rakefile:
>
> namespace :abc do
> task :foo do
> # ...
>
> namespace :def do
> task :bar => ??? do
> # ...
>

> Is there a way for me to reference the task abc:foo as a requirement
> where the ??? is?

Sure, just provide a fully qualified task name:

namespace :def do
task :bar => 'abc:foo' do
# ...

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <marcel@vernix.org>

James Gray

On Feb 27, 2007, at 4:54 PM, Marcel Molina Jr. wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:47:29AM +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> Assuming the Rakefile:
>>
>> namespace :abc do
>> task :foo do
>> # ...
>> end
>> end
>>
>> namespace :def do
>> task :bar => ??? do
>> # ...
>> end
>> end
>>

>> Is there a way for me to reference the task abc:foo as a requirement
>> where the ??? is?
>
> Sure, just provide a fully qualified task name:
>
> namespace :def do
> task :bar => 'abc:foo' do
> # ...

Thank you.