Testing rake

Han Holl

I installed rake-0.7.2 as a gem, and following the suggestion of the
docs tried to run the tests.
It complained about rcov, so I installed that as well, then the same
for flexmock, and then it ran:
UNABLE TO RUN FUNCTIONAL TESTS
No Session Found
Loaded suite /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.2/lib/rake/rake_test_loader
Started
..........E..................E................................................................................................................................................E......................................................................
Finished in 9.683188 seconds.

1) Error:
test_load_rakefile_from_subdir(TestApplication):
Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - test/data/unittest/subdir
./test/test_application.rb:66:in `chdir'
./test/test_application.rb:66:in `test_load_rakefile_from_subdir'

2) Error:
test_require(TestApplicationOptions):
LoadError: no such file to load -- test/reqfile3
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
./lib/rake.rb:1778:in `do_option'
./lib/rake.rb:1814:in `handle_options'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/getoptlong.rb:460:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/getoptlong.rb:457:in `each'
./lib/rake.rb:1814:in `handle_options'
./test/test_application.rb:401:in `command_line'
./test/test_application.rb:389:in `flags'
./test/test_application.rb:389:in `flags'
./test/capture_stdout.rb:11:in `capture_stdout'
./test/test_application.rb:388:in `flags'
./test/test_application.rb:387:in `flags'
./test/test_application.rb:305:in `test_require'

3) Error:
test_can_load_rake_library(TestRequire):
LoadError: Can't find test2
./lib/rake.rb:1840:in `rake_require'
./test/test_require.rb:11:in `test_can_load_rake_library'

rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [/usr/bin/ruby -w -Ilib "/usr/lib/ruby/gems...]

Is there still something missing from my setup, or are these tests not
quite up to date?

Cheers,

Han Holl

8 Answers

Jim Weirich

Han Holl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed rake-0.7.2 as a gem, and following the suggestion of the
> docs tried to run the tests.
> It complained about rcov, so I installed that as well,

Hmm ... rcov shouldn't be required just to run unit tests. I'll fix
that.

> then the same
> for flexmock, and then it ran:
> UNABLE TO RUN FUNCTIONAL TESTS
> No Session Found

The functional tests require the session gem to run. If you don't have
the session gem (or are on Windows where the session gem won't work),
you will automatically skip the functional tests. That has nothing to
do with the following errors.

> Loaded suite
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.2/lib/rake/rake_test_loader
> Started
> ..........E..................E................................................................................................................................................E......................................................................
> Finished in 9.683188 seconds.

It seems rake isn't providing everything you need for the tests in the
gem. I'll look into this.

Thanks for the report.

-- Jim Weirich

John Doe

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:24:55 -0800 (PST), Iarnrod <iarnrod@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 27, 3:36?am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 05:31:24 -0800 (PST),Iarnrod<iarn...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >You did no such thing of course. you provided cites where the experts
>> >say it will decrease but, of course, they could be wrong. Not the
>> >same. Poor poor desperate rightard kook cannot understand.
>>
>> Actually you'd be wrong in that statement so I'll just stop here and
>> move on.
>
>Actually I was correct in that statement and that is why you RUN AWAY
>in defeat with no refutation. That wasn't even a decent try, nut job.

As I stated, I did not provide cites for the claim you said I made
since I never made it. I *did* however provide cites that the
government's numbers show that the deficit is expected to *Increase*.

John Doe

On 28 Jan 2011 08:14:56 GMT, rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 05:31:24 -0800 (PST), Iarnrod <iarnrod@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

>>>You did no such thing of course. you provided cites where the experts
>>>say it will decrease but, of course, they could be wrong. Not the
>>>same. Poor poor desperate rightard kook cannot understand.
>>
>>Actually you'd be wrong in that statement
>
>But you're a lying rightard, so who cares what you claim?

Where did I say I provided a cite that showed the deficit would
decrease. Quote it right here, liar:

> "And I'm just *sure* you posted condemning Rachel Maddow's remarks
> about killing Buish...." whined Nobody in <7i1ri6lsfqj5qcj020rqqf20oru89o8rj5@4ax.com>
> apparently trying to excuse the right-wing political assassination attempt that
> killed six people.

And even more irony from ray-ray since the quotation from me doesn't
excuse anything and he lies in that there is no evidence the attack
was a "right-wing political assassination attempt".

"The US Supreme Court, by definition, is never wrong." (apparently
saying that the Dredd Scott Decision was correct -- watch him squirm
and twist folks...).

Ray Fischer in
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/a64a6e42ee66e572?dm...

Iarnrod

On Jan 28, 3:59 am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:24:55 -0800 (PST),Iarnrod<iarn...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 27, 3:36 am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> Actually you'd be wrong in that statement so I'll just stop here and
> >> move on.
>
> >Actually I was correct in that statement and that is why you RUN AWAY
> >in defeat with no refutation. That wasn't even a decent try, nut job.
>
> As I stated, I did not provide cites for the claim you said I made
> since I never made it.  I *did* however provide cites that the
> government's numbers show that the deficit is expected to *Increase*.

You did not of course. I proved the opposite. Please try to keep up
with your betters, kook.

John Doe

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:00:16 -0800 (PST), Iarnrod <iarnrod@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 28, 3:59?am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:24:55 -0800 (PST),Iarnrod<iarn...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Actually I was correct in that statement and that is why you RUN AWAY
>> >in defeat with no refutation. That wasn't even a decent try, nut job.
>>
>> As I stated, I did not provide cites for the claim you said I made
>> since I never made it. ?I *did* however provide cites that the
>> government's numbers show that the deficit is expected to *Increase*.
>
>You did not of course. I proved the opposite. Please try to keep up
>with your betters, kook.

Cite the exact article where you did what you claim. We'll wait.

John Doe

On Jan 31, 3:46 am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:00:16 -0800 (PST),Iarnrod<iarn...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 28, 3:59 am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> As I stated, I did not provide cites for the claim you said I made
> >> since I never made it. I *did* however provide cites that the
> >> government's numbers show that the deficit is expected to *Increase*.
>
> >You did not of course. I proved the opposite. Please try to keep up
> >with your betters, kook.
>
> Cite the exact article where you did what you claim.  We'll wait.

Article? BWAAAAHAAHHAHHAAHAA!!!

Free hint for the kook: YOU are MY puppy dog. YOU are the proven liar,
therefore YOU are the one who will twist and bark at my command.

Iarnrod

On Feb 1, 3:37 am, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 05:46:29 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:00:16 -0800 (PST),Iarnrod<iarn...@yahoo.com>
> >wrote:

> >>You did not of course. I proved the opposite. Please try to keep up
> >>with your betters, kook.
>
> >Cite the exact article where you did what you claim.  We'll wait.
>
> <crickets.wav>

Awwww, da widdle puppy dog can't stand it when his master steps away
from your compulsive usenet posting. Hint: I will kick your ass
whenever I am good and ready. Some of us actually have lives. <snicker>