From: ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org
[mailto:ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:10 AM
To: Navin Sher
Subject: Welcome to our (ruby-talk ML) You are added automatically

Caution: If you reply this mail, the recipient is mailing list!
post articles <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>
commands <ruby-talk-ctl@ruby-lang.org>
maintainer <ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org>

This mail contains the fundamental usage of the mailing list server.

1 How to use this server

Please send commands in the mail body not subject to the address
<ruby-talk-ctl@ruby-lang.org>.

The command syntax is as follows:

# help
help

# help
or
help

Please send the "# help" to the address <ruby-talk-ctl@ruby-lang.org> for help and
server functions overview

# help

to get general information on this list

# guide

If you want to make a contact with the mailing list maintainer, please
e-mail to

ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org

ML server exists to decrease routine works by maintainers. Please try
to use server functions as could as possible.

ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org Maintainer
ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents.

2 Answers

Erik Veenstra

You can unsubscribe the same way as you described...

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/mail...

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

rfischer

Phlip <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 27, 11:03?pm, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> Harry Hope ?<riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>

>> >From The San Francisco Chronicle, 1/25/11:
>> >http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entr...

>> >Oh, yeah, and that Constitution that Bachmann waves around, it
>> >established that a slave counted as 3/5ths of a human being.
>> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-fifths_...
>>
>> As often as people like to repeat that, it's just not true.
>
>How did a slave owner vote in the first elections?
>
>How did, ahem, 3 out of 5 of their slaves vote? Or did their owner
>vote for them?
>
>I'm not sure how relevant that compromise's "truth" is...

Shrug. Slaves didn't vote. Period. Neither did women.
The 3/5ths rule refers to the number of slaves for the purposes of
apportionment.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal