Ruby Rake

manasd@gmail.com

"make" has a -e option in which it reads environment variables and
uses those values for variables defined in the makefile. For e.g.
enviroment variable CC=cc -g can be used with make -e to get a debug
build. Is there something similar with Rake? And what is the ruby
equivalent of CC. Should I set in my environment RUBY=ruby
<ruby_options>

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
-Manas

28 Answers

Robert Klemme

http://docs.rubyrake.org/read...

> And what is the ruby
> equivalent of CC. Should I set in my environment RUBY=ruby
> <ruby_options>

There is no Ruby equivalent to cc.

robert

Chris Carter

On 2/24/07, Manas Dadarkar <manasd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> "make" has a -e option in which it reads environment variables and
> uses those values for variables defined in the makefile. For e.g.
> enviroment variable CC=cc -g can be used with make -e to get a debug
> build. Is there something similar with Rake? And what is the ruby
> equivalent of CC. Should I set in my environment RUBY=ruby
> <ruby_options>
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards,
> -Manas

Hi Manas,
You can access environment variables in Rake like this:
ENV['VARIABLE_NAME']. And you can set the options for running ruby
with the RUBY_OPT environment variable
--
Chris Carter
concentrationstudios.com

GW Chimpzilla's Eye-Rack Neocon Utopia

Daniel wrote:

> On Jul 26, 12:16 pm, "Gandalf Grey" <gandalfg...@infectedmail.com>
> wrote:
>> A Republic If We Can Keep It.
>>
>> By Ernest Partridge
>> Created Jul 25 2007 - 10:16am
>>
>> Why not impeach?
>

> because he hasn't committed an impeachable offense.

Wow! Yur smart!
--
There are only two kinds of Republicans: Millionaires and fools.

Barbi Satin

"Daniel" <sabot120mm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 26, 12:16 pm, "Gandalf Grey" <gandalfg...@infectedmail.com>
> wrote:
>> A Republic If We Can Keep It.
>>
>> By Ernest Partridge
>> Created Jul 25 2007 - 10:16am
>>
>> Why not impeach?
>

> because he hasn't committed an impeachable offense.

Repeat that 100,000 times and it will be true. The Repug ongoing propaganda
point that Bush is Saint George.

Arizona Bushwhacker

"Barbi" <gg21tr323212@c53ogmat.net> wrote in message

> "Daniel" <sabot120mm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Jul 26, 12:16 pm, "Gandalf Grey" <gandalfg...@infectedmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> A Republic If We Can Keep It.
>>>
>>> By Ernest Partridge
>>> Created Jul 25 2007 - 10:16am
>>>
>>> Why not impeach?
>>

>> because he hasn't committed an impeachable offense.
>>

> Repeat that 100,000 times and it will be true. The Repug ongoing
> propaganda point that Bush is Saint George.

St. George nothing!
The idiot republicans worship George Bush
as the second coming of Christ, and the damn
democrats are out to crucify him all over again.
Just like they did 2000 years ago the last time
George Bush walked the Earth.

firelock_ny@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Jul 26, 12:51 pm, GW Chimpzilla's Eye-Rack Neocon Utopia
> <g...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

>> > because he hasn't committed an impeachable offense.
>>
>> Wow! Yur smart!
>
> More to the point, he's correct.

No he isn't. He's a fool.

--

THE TRUTH wrote:

> "Daniel" <sabot120mm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Jul 26, 12:29 pm, "Arizona Bushwhacker"
>> <ArizonaBushwhac...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> "Daniel" <sabot12...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Wiretapping the telephone of an American without
>>> any warrant is a FELONY! Give the fucking
>>> idiot we have in the White House FIVE YEARS
>>> for each and every offense! Make it HARD LABOR...
>>> It's about time that retard gets a real job!
>>
>> Nice k00kspew, too bad you've still got nothing. You libtards are so
>> easy to spool up into a frothing rage. Keep on thinking President Bush
>> has committed an impeachable act, Republicans depend on libtards like
>> you.
>
> So when are Republicans going to care about the rule of law?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/25/AR20070725...

When they're sitting in a jail cell.
--
There are only two kinds of Republicans: Millionaires and fools.

Bokonon

"Daniel" <sabot120mm@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Why not impeach?
>

> because he hasn't committed an impeachable offense.

Horse shit.

--
"History! Read it and weep!"
-Bokonon

Grendel wrote:

> On Jul 26, 12:03 pm, "Arizona Bushwhacker"
> <ArizonaBushwhac...@cox.net> wrote:
>> "Grendel" <wstho...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>> > It may not mean 'nuthin' to you.
>>
>> If you had even half a brain you would support
>> removing Bush for these illegal wiretaps also!
>
> So you didn't mind when Clinton did the same thing? Or Carter? Or
> Nixon?
>
>> No conservative supports Big Brother! Yet you do...
>>
>> Explain that one
>
> Simple, there are elements in our society who would harm our society.
> Anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot. They need to be ferretted
> out and disposed of. I see no problem tapping the call if one end of
> the call is a known terrorist outside the United States (which is the
> scope of the program).

That isn't the scope of the program.

> It is the responsibility of the Government to protect its citizens.
> It should use as many tools as it has at it's disposal. Am I worried
> about the NSA wiretapping my phone? No, I haven't given any reason to
> suspect me, so the chances of them tapping my phone are remote.

You're shameful, weak and afraid of the 'terrorists so much that you're willing
to cede the freedom of American citizenship to Big Brother. In fact, you're
willing to cede your citizenship and become a mere subject of your overlords.

There hasn't been an honest conservative since Goldwater. The whole philosphy is
a pipedream and inconsistent with the reality of American politics.

--
There are only two kinds of Republicans: Millionaires and fools.

Lamont Cranston

"Daniel" <sabot120mm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 26, 12:16 pm, "Gandalf Grey" <gandalfg...@infectedmail.com>
> wrote:
>> A Republic If We Can Keep It.
>>
>> By Ernest Partridge
>> Created Jul 25 2007 - 10:16am
>>
>> Why not impeach?
>

> because he hasn't committed an impeachable offense.

Invading Iraq under false pretenses.

Illegal wiretapping which violated at least the following:
-- The 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th, and 14th Amendments to the Constitution
-- The FISA
-- The Telecommunications Privacy Act of 1984
-- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
-- The Privacy Act of 1974
-- The Wire and Electronic Communication Interception and Interception
of Oral Communications Act
-- The Wireless Telecommunications Privacy Act of 2000
-- The Freedom of Information Act

Violation of the Geneva Convention.

Illegally transferring $700 million from the budget for the war in
Afghanistan for war preparations in Iraq in July 2002, without
Congressional Approval.

Ignoring many laws via unconstitutional "signing statements"

Abuse of power.

Abuse of power.

Abuse of power.

Lying.