Ruby on rails and rails are same

damod.php

2/24/2007 9:47:00 AM

can u clear my doubt ruby on rails and rails are smae or not
i got the softawre from
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?gr...

to click ruby185-24.exe 22.75 MB 6,468 i386 .exe (Windows
executable)

to download and install then where do i want to write code cow can i
execute the code , whwere do i want to see the o/p..

pls help me

2 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On 2/24/07, damod.php@gmail.com <damod.php@gmail.com> wrote:
> can u clear my doubt ruby on rails and rails are smae or not
> i got the softawre from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?gr...
>
> to click ruby185-24.exe 22.75 MB 6,468 i386 .exe (Windows
> executable)
>
> to download and install then where do i want to write code cow can i
> execute the code , whwere do i want to see the o/p..

Rails is an application framework for the web that runs in the
language called ruby.

If you run ruby185-24.exe you will be installing Ruby; you can
separately install Rails or you can try the Instant Rails package.

I suggest that you do a little reading on the Ruby language homepage
(ruby-lang.org) and the rails homepage (rubyonrails.org) before you
try any of this -- you don't seem to have a clear understanding of the
basics of this and without any of that, you'll end up making a hash of
your experience with Ruby.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...