Resize image

Jonathan Denni

2/24/2007 8:18:00 AM

Is there a way to resample(resize) images in ruby?

Erik Veenstra

> Is there a way to resample(resize) images in ruby?

Have a look at RMagick:

http://rmagick.ruby...

I use it for all my automated image manipulations.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

Jonathan Denni

Erik Veenstra wrote:

> Have a look at RMagick:
>
> http://rmagick.ruby...
>
> I use it for all my automated image manipulations.
>
> gegroet,
> Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

Awesome! Will I be able to use this on a Ruby supporting server such as
site5 or hostmonster?

thanks! :)

A. S. Bradbury

On 2/24/07, Jonathan Denni <jonsdenni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Erik Veenstra wrote:
> >
> > Have a look at RMagick:
> >
> > http://rmagick.ruby...
> >
> > I use it for all my automated image manipulations.
> >
> > gegroet,
> > Erik V. - http://www.erikve...
>
> Awesome! Will I be able to use this on a Ruby supporting server such as
> site5 or hostmonster?

MiniMagick (http://rubyforge.org/projects/mi...) may be a
better fit for a shared hosting environment (less chance of getting
your application killed for memory usage). It's just a wrapper to the
ImageMagick mogrify tool.

Alex

Jonathan Denni

Jason Palmer wrote:
> I wrote a really simple script for doing just that, using RMagick.
> Check it
> out if you'd like:
>
> http://www.jason-palmer.com/2006/11/26/rmagick-batch-image-thu...

cool! I still want to write my own program, but seeing yours is helpful!

Jonathan Denni

A.S. Bradbury wrote:
> On 2/24/07, Jonathan Denni <jonsdenni@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Awesome! Will I be able to use this on a Ruby supporting server such as
>> site5 or hostmonster?
>
> MiniMagick (http://rubyforge.org/projects/mi...) may be a
> better fit for a shared hosting environment (less chance of getting
> your application killed for memory usage). It's just a wrapper to the
> ImageMagick mogrify tool.
>
> Alex

This looks good. So I just install the .gem and I'm good to go? how do I
do that?