Re: Textmate on Windoze!

JB Wells

2/23/2007 5:01:00 PM

----- "William Smith" <wbsmith83@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.e-texteditor.com/...
>
> Check it out.

Btw, for Linux, has anyone tried Scribes? (http://scri...)

In this month's Linux journal, they mention it as an editor for Linux very similar to textmate. I don't use textmate (not enough to make me leave Linux behind), so can't speak to how similar it actually is. Can anyone on the list?

Thanks,
JB

1 Answer

Chad Perrin

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 02:01:08AM +0900, JB Wells wrote:

> ----- "William Smith" <wbsmith83@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.e-texteditor.com/...
> >
> > Check it out.
>
> Btw, for Linux, has anyone tried Scribes? (http://scri...)
>
> In this month's Linux journal, they mention it as an editor for Linux very similar to textmate. I don't use textmate (not enough to make me leave Linux behind), so can't speak to how similar it actually is. Can anyone on the list?

I can't answer your question, since I haven't used TextMate either, but
Scribes is available in FreeBSD's ports tree. If it wasn't for the
dependency on GNOME libraries, I'd be installing it right now.

C'est la vie.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Amazon.com interview candidate: "When C++ is your