bbcode <> html?

nodenator

2/22/2007 7:54:00 PM

Is there a library out there already that will convert text marked up
in "bbcode" into HTML?

For those not knowing what bbcode is, it's the ML used by forum
software such as phpbb to dumb down the interface.

For example, to link to a site you would write:
[url=http://som...]Click here![/url]

But to force a link without renaming it you would write:
[url]somewhere.com[/url]

I just don't want to reinvent the wheel.
--
-
node

1 Answer

Olivier

Le jeudi 22 février 2007 20:53, nodenator@gmail.com a écrit :
> Is there a library out there already that will convert text marked up
> in "bbcode" into HTML?
>
> For those not knowing what bbcode is, it's the ML used by forum
> software such as phpbb to dumb down the interface.
>
> For example, to link to a site you would write:
> [url=http://som...]Click here![/url]
>
> But to force a link without renaming it you would write:
> [url]somewhere.com[/url]
>
> I just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

This class from Facets may be helpful for you :

http://facets.rubyforge.org/src/doc/rdoc/more/classes/B...

RubyFacets is definitely a great resource !

--
Olivier Renaud