Is net/https part of ruby's stdlib?

Aaron Patterson

2/21/2007 4:53:00 PM

Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library? Can I safely assume that
it is installed when developing a gem for distribution?

It seems to be installed on FC4 with the ruby-libs package, but it
looks like you have to install a special package for ubuntu.

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...

2 Answers

James Gray

On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Aaron Patterson wrote:

> Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library?

Yes.

> Can I safely assume that it is installed when developing a gem for
> distribution?

Seems likely. I bet RubyGems depends on a standard library or five,
so they should have to resolve any crazy repackaging issues before
they get to downloading your gem.

James Edward Gray II

Aaron Patterson

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:04:16AM +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Aaron Patterson wrote:
>
> >Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library?
>
> Yes.
>
> >Can I safely assume that it is installed when developing a gem for
> >distribution?
>
> Seems likely. I bet RubyGems depends on a standard library or five,
> so they should have to resolve any crazy repackaging issues before
> they get to downloading your gem.

Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...