send_data from remote http adress

Mister Twister

2/21/2007 4:50:00 PM

Hello,

My first post here. I'm quite new to Ruby.

I'm making a Flash application that loads external files
from other servers onto the user's hard disk.
That's why I need a way to connect to the remote locations
over absolute http links; so I can monitor the progress inside
my Flash app. So this code should act as a file serving proxy.
Flash has some security restrictions, that will not allow the

What I've got is this (not working, throws an error):
"Cannot read file http://www.twin-diamonds.com/pic/rubies...

class StreamDataController < ApplicationController
def index
send_file(params[:file],:filename => params[:name],
:stream => 'true', :buffer_size => '4096')

Heinrich

"NoSpamAtAll" schreef in bericht news:kgcree$3qc$1@pcls6.std.com...

In article <ygmWs.25581$rk7.11151@newsfe05.iad>,
Heinrich <Heinrich@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:

[...]

Why did you rape, murder, and rape Polly, you
inferior kaaskop?

try to say it in english