Ruby and R?

Paul Lynch

2/16/2007 4:11:00 PM

Is anyone on this list using Ruby and R (the statistics package)
together? If so, what are you using to connect to R? Thanks,
--Paul

Ara.T.Howard

Alex Gutteridge

On 17 Feb 2007, at 01:49, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Paul Lynch wrote:
>
>> Is anyone on this list using Ruby and R (the statistics package)
>> together? If so, what are you using to connect to R? Thanks,
>> --Paul
>>
>> --
>>

> http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/Rub...

I really should get round to updating that page with some RSRuby
information...

To Paul: RSRuby is a port of RPy (the equivalent Python module) and
embeds a full R interpreter into Ruby. This means it *should* be
possible to access any R function/variable through Ruby. It's
available as a gem or source from Rubyforge:

http://rubyforge.org/projec...

With documentation here (the pdf manual is probably your best bet):

http://web.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~ale...

Feel free to email me any bug reports, patches, feature requests
etc... I will try to accommodate.

Alex Gutteridge

Bioinformatics Center
Kyoto University