Re: 404 errors

Austin Ziegler

2/16/2007 1:06:00 AM

On 2/15/07, William Smith <wbsmith83@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's on godaddy.

If you're dealing with a Rails issue, I recommend asking this question
on the Rails forum; this is for general Ruby issues and discussion.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

2 Answers

nobody

Joe <mnb@fgh.com> wrote:

> the_blogologist wrote:
> > <anonymous@dizum.com> wrote:
> >
> >> There is a mad rush for U.S. farmers to grow more corn
> >> for ethanol as a fuel. However, according to an agricultural
> >> expert speaking on BNN, Canada's TV business news network,
> >> it takes more fossil fuel energy to produce ethanol than
> >> the resulting ethanol will provide.
> >
> > It used to be that way. It's improved. Today it costs 1 unit of fuel to
> > produce 1.2 of ethanol from corn. In brazil they use sugar cane which is
> > much more efficient, costing 1 unit of fuel to produce 8. Bush's ethanol
> > requirement is basically corporate welfare for corn growers.
> >

> How hard would it be for them to switch to sugar cane? Is the climate
> and soil suitable in corn growing regions?
>
> If I might ask, where did you get the 1 to 8 ratio of fuel in to fuel
> out? That would be worth taking a look at.

I got it from a discovery channel special:
44 min into this documentary, 46 min for the exact quote.

"Green: The New, Red, White and Blue"

The quote is "John Door" who backed amazon.com and google. He's also
into Brazil's bio-fuel which is highly successful. He said surgar cane
returns 8 times the fuel out for the amount in while corn returns 1.2
times.

I downloaded this documentary from alt.binaries.multimedia.documentaries
If your newserver has enough retention it might still be there. Decoded
to 1.98 gigs.

Joe

the_blogologist wrote:
> Joe <mnb@fgh.com> wrote:
>
>> the_blogologist wrote:

>>> It used to be that way. It's improved. Today it costs 1 unit of fuel to
>>> produce 1.2 of ethanol from corn. In brazil they use sugar cane which is
>>> much more efficient, costing 1 unit of fuel to produce 8. Bush's ethanol
>>> requirement is basically corporate welfare for corn growers.
>>>
>> How hard would it be for them to switch to sugar cane? Is the climate
>> and soil suitable in corn growing regions?
>>
>> If I might ask, where did you get the 1 to 8 ratio of fuel in to fuel
>> out? That would be worth taking a look at.
>
> I got it from a discovery channel special:
> 44 min into this documentary, 46 min for the exact quote.
>
> "Green: The New, Red, White and Blue"
>
> The quote is "John Door" who backed amazon.com and google. He's also
> into Brazil's bio-fuel which is highly successful. He said surgar cane
> returns 8 times the fuel out for the amount in while corn returns 1.2
> times.
>
> I downloaded this documentary from alt.binaries.multimedia.documentaries
> If your newserver has enough retention it might still be there. Decoded
> to 1.98 gigs.

Found it, saw it.

Thanks!

http://www.guba.com/watch/...