Re: Adopt-a-newbie? Based on actual experience.

Olivier

2/14/2007 11:38:00 PM

I think this is a great idea ! I can't wait for being adopted by Matz ^^

Seriously, I'm interrested in trying the experience of adopting a newbie, but
I'm not sure if my explanations would be clear enough, as my english is
somewhat poor. However, as it is a 1 to 1 relationship, it would be logical
to take into account the prefered language(s) of the adopter and the adoptee.
Did you already think about that ?

--
Olivier Renaud

3 Answers

Greg Donald

On 2/14/07, Olivier <o.renaud@laposte.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure if my explanations would be clear enough, as my english is
> somewhat poor.

Couldn't the pupil teach the teacher English as part of the deal?

Just a thought.

--
Greg Donald
http://des...

Olivier

> On 2/15/07, Olivier <o.renaud@laposte.net> wrote:
> > I think this is a great idea ! I can't wait for being adopted by Matz ^^
> >
> > Seriously, I'm interrested in trying the experience of adopting a newbie,
> > but
> > I'm not sure if my explanations would be clear enough, as my english is
> > somewhat poor. However, as it is a 1 to 1 relationship, it would be
> > logical
> > to take into account the prefered language(s) of the adopter and the
> > adoptee.
> > Did you already think about that ?
> >
> > --
> > Olivier Renaud

> Well, since for now it's coordinated here and by email, just tell me where
> you are from and what languages you speak :)
>
> This goes to anyone else.
>
> Aur Saraf

Ok.
I speak french, and I live near Paris. I would be more comfortable helping
someone whose native language is french. But, as Greg suggests, it may be a
way to improve my english a bit, to help an english-speaking person.
Actually, I fear more for the pupil than for me, if my english explanations
confuse him more than it helps !

--
Olivier Renaud

Olivier

SonOfLilit wrote :
> Oh, by the way, in the future, could volunteers list their topics of
> interest in short? Not a long exact enumeration, [...]

I can help more specifically with Gtk, OpenGL and algorithmic.

--
Olivier Renaud