rubyscript2exe for Unix ?!

Rebhan, Gilbert

i'm using rubyscript2exe a lot on Windows,
works fine.
Now i want to know whether there is a similar
tool available for Unix also, creating executables
for my rubyscripts ?

Regards, Gilbert

5 Answers

Jeroen Wolff

Gilbert,

> Now i want to know whether there is a similar
> tool available for Unix also, creating executables
> for my rubyscripts ?

On linux you can use the same Ruby app.

$ruby rubyscript2exe.rb [Rubyapp.rb]

look at: http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...

Jeroen

Erik Veenstra

> i'm using rubyscript2exe a lot on Windows, works fine.
>
> Now i want to know whether there is a similar tool available
> for Unix also, creating executables for my rubyscripts ?

Which flavor of Unix? ("The Unix" doesn't exist...)

The bottom line is simple: If FreePascal is available on a
platform, RubyScript2Exe will eventually work.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

Rebhan, Gilbert

The flavor is AIX, a commercial Unix derivat by IBM

I tried after creating the exe as usual under Windows
and transfer to AIX, chmod 755, gave me =
Execution permission denied

Maybe it's just a permission problem, gotta talk
to the admins

Regards, Gilbert