can we write the code version control system.

Kumar Tnj

Can We write the code in Ruby to know the Frequently changing classes in
SVN (like version control system) which are check in.

My doubt,
1) Is it worthy to do in PYthon...?

2) else, which scripting language is best one for this..?

Regards ,
kumar

John Wilger

On Feb 12, 10:27 pm, kumar <senvenit2...@india.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can We write the code in Ruby to know the Frequently changing classes in
> SVN (like version control system) which are check in.

I, for one, have absolutely no idea what you're trying to ask here.
You might need to explain what you're trying to accomplish in a bit
more detail.

> My doubt,
> 1) Is it worthy to do in PYthon...?

Well... maybe...but this is a Ruby mailing list. ;-)

--
Regards,

John Wilger

Tim Pease

On 2/12/07, kumar <senvenit2003@india.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can We write the code in Ruby to know the Frequently changing classes in
> SVN (like version control system) which are check in.
>
> My doubt,
> 1) Is it worthy to do in PYthon...?

If you know Python best, sure!

> 2) else, which scripting language is best one for this..?

That depends on your objective. If you want it done fast, then pick
the language you know best. If you want to learn a new language (like
ocaml) then pick that one. If you are working with others on this
project (or it is going to be maintained by someone else) then get
their input on what languages they know or feel comfortable with.

The svn team has a set of swig wrappers for their C libraries. So you
can use pretty much any scripting language you like. Be forewarned
that the swig generated interfaces are fairly low level -- nothing
like the command line svn tool.

Blessings,
TwP

Giles Bowkett

In other words, it's something pretty simple, so simple that the
language you use for it might not make any difference at all.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...

Eric Hodel

On Feb 12, 2007, at 22:27, kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> Can We write the code in Ruby to know the Frequently changing
> classes in
> SVN (like version control system) which are check in.

SVN post-commit hooks? yes.

> My doubt,
> 1) Is it worthy to do in PYthon...?
>
> 2) else, which scripting language is best one for this..?

I've written them in shell when shell would make them shortest.