[ANN] fastthread now default in ruby_1_8

Akinori MUSHA

I have just finished integrating MenTaLguY's fastthread mutex
implementation into the ruby_1_8 branch.

The original, pure ruby version of lib/thread is still available as a
configure option `--disable-fastthread' so you can alternate the two.

If you find any compatibility problems or unexpected behavior with the
new implementation, please let me know.

As I tend to be out of sync with ruby-talk, make sure to add
ruby-core@ruby-lang to To/Cc on reply.

Regards,

--
/
/__ __ Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Different eyes see different things,
Different hearts beat on different strings --
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree"

In article <7fa65be0-5081-4bf9-8ccf-325260331d92@googlegroups.com>,
Bozo <stevehaufe@gmail.com> wrote:

> >On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:10:12 AM UTC-6, Bozo wrote:
> >All in all , even if one has other recordings of these, certainly a set I
> >will consider if / when released, >assuming the other 3 later this week are
> >of same quality as 1,5 here.
>
> 3 and 4 of the same quality, 2 played tomorrow night. One might question
> whether Bavouzet is bit glib at times, champagne where vodka better, but his
> enthusiasm is hard to resist, and the slow movs. of 3,4,5 excellent. 2,
> perhaps the most Russian or Slavic, or darkest, of the 5, will be a big
> ,final test.

I've heard him do 3 in New Bedford - sat in first row practically under
the piano. A stunning performance that even my wife liked, and she
doesn't know Prokofiev from Petunias.

-Owen

Rugby

>On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:22:02 PM UTC-6, Bozo wrote:
>All in all , even if one has other recordings of these, certainly a set I >will >consider if / when released, >assuming the other 3 later this week are >of same >quality as 1,5 here. 3 and 4 of the same quality, 2 played tomorrow >night. One >might question whether Bavouzet is bit glib at times, champagne >where vodka >better, but his enthusiasm is hard to resist, and the slow movs. >of 3,4,5 >excellent. 2, perhaps the most Russian or Slavic, or darkest, of >the 5, will be >a big ,final test.

Bavouzet passes the # 2 test with flying colors.That live, all the more impressive.# 2 here not to be missed,one of the best I've heard, third mov. amazing.In fact, this entire Prokofieff piano concerto series should be heard, up just a couple more days now.I'll buy the set when the recordings are out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programme... ( # 2 )