Upgrading standard libs in ruby (soap4r

Uros Jurglic

2/10/2007 6:45:00 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to upgrade my soap4r ruby standard library. I've installed
the soap4r gem, but it seems it's still the old lib that's being used.
So can someone tell me what is the right way to upgrade std library? And
also how can I check which version of library is currenctly present?

Thanks everybody,
Uros

Austin Ziegler

On 2/10/07, Uros Jurglic <jurglic@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade my soap4r ruby standard library. I've installed
> the soap4r gem, but it seems it's still the old lib that's being used.
> So can someone tell me what is the right way to upgrade std library? And
> also how can I check which version of library is currenctly present?

Fix the gem in your require path:

require 'rubygems'
gem 'soap4r' # requires RubyGems 0.9 or later
require 'soap/soap'

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

Bob Harper

On 12/11/13, 3:00 PM, O wrote:
> In article<Ir1qu.194967$sp1.161544@en-nntp-15.dc1.easynews.com>, Bob
> Harper<bob.harper@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/13, 4:15 AM, td wrote:
>>> The latest release in this "series"(?) (Pico 3& Mozart 24, nice,
>>> both in C minor)) has just been issued in Japan. Domestic release to
>>> follow soon, no doubt.
>>>
>>> The question is what the future of the series can possibly be now
>>> that Vanska has resigned his post in Minneapolis? Where will he go
>>> now?will BIS and Sudbin follow him? Or will the MS be more than happy
>>> to make the final CD in the cycle with its former MD once the lockout
>>> is over?
>>
>> One would hope, but....
>>>
>>> If ever, of course. That terrible situation seems completely beyond
>>> repair. Even former MN Senator George Mitchell was unable to bring
>>> the sides together. And the manager was just rewarded with a handsome
>>> bonus for his outstanding work.
>>>
>>> TD
>>
>> Just a note: George Mitchell was senator from Maine (ME); the orchestra
>> is in Minnesota (MN). My home town is in Missouri (MO), the Naval
>> Academy's in Maryland (MD), Detroit's in Michigan (MI), the river forms
>> the western border of Mississippi (MS), and Montana (MT) is very large.
>> State abbreviations can be confusing :)
>
> ...And Massholes (MA) are in Boston.
>
> -Owen

Doh! How could I forget Taxachusetts? Especially since I listen to Car
Talk most Saturdays. :)

Bob Harper

John Wiser

"Bob Harper" <bob.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On 12/11/13, 3:00 PM, O wrote:
>> In article<Ir1qu.194967$sp1.161544@en-nntp-15.dc1.easynews.com>, Bob
>> Harper<bob.harper@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> One would hope, but....

>>> Just a note: George Mitchell was senator from Maine (ME); the orchestra
>>> is in Minnesota (MN). My home town is in Missouri (MO), the Naval
>>> Academy's in Maryland (MD), Detroit's in Michigan (MI), the river forms
>>> the western border of Mississippi (MS), and Montana (MT) is very large.
>>> State abbreviations can be confusing :)
>>
>> ...And Massholes (MA) are in Boston.
>>
>> -Owen
>
> Doh! How could I forget Taxachusetts? Especially since I listen to Car Talk most Saturdays. :)

You and Owen share an outlook well served
by your bumper-sticker quality of thought.

jdw

Bob Harper

On 12/11/13, 7:58 PM, John Wiser wrote:
> "Bob Harper" <bob.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On 12/11/13, 3:00 PM, O wrote:

>>> ...And Massholes (MA) are in Boston.
>>>
>>> -Owen
>>
>> Doh! How could I forget Taxachusetts? Especially since I listen to Car
>> Talk most Saturdays. :)
>>

> You and Owen share an outlook well served
> by your bumper-sticker quality of thought.
>
> jdw
Thanks. I find that bumper stickers frequently encapsulate profound
truths quite succinctly. For example, I once saw on a bumper in
Wisconsin the following: "No babies equals no future." Couldn't be more
eloquently stated.

> On 12/11/13, 7:58 PM, John Wiser wrote:
>> "Bob Harper" <bob.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Doh! How could I forget Taxachusetts? Especially since I listen to Car
>>> Talk most Saturdays. :)
>>>

>> You and Owen share an outlook well served
>> by your bumper-sticker quality of thought.
>>
>> jdw
> Thanks. I find that bumper stickers frequently encapsulate profound truths quite succinctly. For
> example, I once saw on a bumper in Wisconsin the following: "No babies equals no future." Couldn't
> be more eloquently stated.

A deplorable opinion, the sentiment couldn't be more brainless.
My favorites remain the apolitical "Oberon was a Fairy"
and the idealistic "U.S. Out of North America"

jdw

Oscar Williamson

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:31:26 PM, John Wiser wrote:

> A deplorable opinion, the sentiment couldn't be more brainless.
> My favorites remain the apolitical "Oberon was a Fairy"
> and the idealistic "U.S. Out of North America"

And here I am thinking you're a Visualize Whirled Peas kinda guy.

Oscar Williamson

Bumper stickers of the USA

I Used Up All My Sick Days So I Called In Dead
If You Can Read This I'm Not Impressed - Most People Can Read
Be Nice To America Or We'll Bring Democracy To Your Country
Asian Student Driver
Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife For President
Defeat Osama, Obama, and Chelsea's Mama
Hilary/Obama - Prison 2016
If Obama's The Answer How Stupid Was The Question?
D.A.D.D.D. Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats
Annoy a Liberal - Word, Succeed, Be Happy
I'll Believe Corporations Are People When Texas Executes One
Palin 2012 - 10,000 Mayans Can't Be Wrong
WARNING! Duct Tape May Fail
Pass Quietly Driver Asleep
It's a Jeep - If I Wanted a Hummer I'd Call Your Sister
Odd For God - 2 Corinthians 6:17
Jesus Loves You - Everyone Else Thinks You're An Asshole
No Jesus No Peace
Why Are Mexicans Always Broke? I Heard Jesus Saves
What If I Just Slammed On The Brakes?
"Opera" - When A Guy Gets Stabbed In The Back But Instead Of Bleeding He Sings
I'm Not Talking To Myself I'm Talking To Kurt Cobain
I Still Miss My Ex-Wife - But My Aim Is Improving
Ho Lee Chit
Take A Valium
2 Drinks…And I'm Gay
Does This Ass Make My Car Look Fat? [pic of smiling Obama with clown nose]
I Speed Because I Have To Poop
WTF? [pic of smiling George W. Bush]
Without Men Civilization Would Last Till The Oil Needed Changing
Dyslexics Are Teople Poo!
The Government Is Not Your Baby's Daddy
Don't Drink & Park - Accidents Cause People
Adventure Before Dementia!
Everything Is Somewhere
Keep Honking, I'm Reloading [pic of handgun]
Please Stop Honking, I'm On The Phone
I'm Like 25% Funny 85% Bad At Math
Watch Out For The Idiot Behind Me
So Many Cats, So Few Recipes
When In Doubt, Start A War
I Void Warranties
Never Go To Bed Mad, Stay Up And Fight
Back To Back World War Champs [pic of American flag]
Be Nice To Your Kids - They'll Choose Your Nursing Home
Suicide Bomber's Escape Car
The Best Things In Life Aren't Things
Namaste, Bitches
I Don't Know I Don't Care And It Doesn't Make Any Difference

td

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:50:09 AM UTC-5, Bob Harper wrote:
> On 12/11/13, 7:58 PM, John Wiser wrote:
>
> > "Bob Harper" <bob.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >> Doh! How could I forget Taxachusetts? Especially since I listen to Car
>
> >> Talk most Saturdays. :)
>

> > You and Owen share an outlook well served
>
> > by your bumper-sticker quality of thought.
>

> > jdw
>
> Thanks. I find that bumper stickers frequently encapsulate profound
>
> truths quite succinctly. For example, I once saw on a bumper in
>
> Wisconsin the following: "No babies equals no future." Couldn't be more
>
> eloquently stated.

Silly example of mindless reductio ad absurdum.

Slogans like that are simply not worthy of a man who can think, Bob.

TD

Rugby

>On Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:50:09 AM UTC-6, Bob Harper wrote:
> For example, I once saw on a bumper in
> Wisconsin the following: "No babies equals no future." Couldn't be more
> eloquently stated.

Odd, this from the types who also oppose the recent Federal- expansion of Medicaid , oppose extension of unemployment benefits, constantly complain about welfare mothers having more babies.

td

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:59:01 AM UTC-5, Bozo wrote:
> >On Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:50:09 AM UTC-6, Bob Harper wrote:
>
> > For example, I once saw on a bumper in
>
> > Wisconsin the following: "No babies equals no future." Couldn't be more
>
> > eloquently stated.
>

> Odd, this from the types who also oppose the recent Federal- expansion of Medicaid , oppose extension of unemployment benefits, constantly complain about welfare mothers having more babies.

Yes, well, logic never has much to do with prejudices of this kind. And such people never allow themselves to be confused by the facts.

TD