Re: Finding help

David Chelimsky

2/9/2007 3:16:00 PM

You might find this blog helpful:

http://jayfields.blogspot.com/2007/01/ruby-invoking-method...

On 2/9/07, Luke Ivers <technodolt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wanting to figure out what the &: syntax does, but I'm not exactly sure
> how to search for it given that it contains special characters... a search
> on google for "ruby &:" doesn't really give me anything worth looking at,
> and I just checked through the first edition of the Pickaxe (I don't own the
> second edition), and couldn't find anything in there, either (although,
> sometimes I miss really obvious things, so I suppose it's possible I just
> missed it in there).
>
> If someone could either explain it to me, or point me in the direction of
> something that explains it, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> (And I also tried searching on ruby-forum.org for &:... it returns
> "Application Error")
>
> Thanks.

7 Answers

Dänk 666

On Dec 19, 11:22 am, a leftarded Zeppsock quacked:
> "D nk 666" <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 19, 11:10 am, "sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > The state of Alabama is at fault for inadequate and faulty maintenance of
> > that road.
>
> > Chintzy on spending tax money, they are responsible for this young woman's
> > death and the ensuing catastrophe for her surviving family
>
> Obama and the Democraps are at fault.  Nearly two years ago Obama
> convinced Congress to pass a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill which he
> promised would be spent on "shovel-ready" infrastructure projects,
> road and bridge repair in particular.
>
> So far, not a single pothole has been filled, and the trillion dollars
> appears to have vanished completely.  Pothole repair is not a
> glamorous job, but it IS a job, so why do Democraps continue to extend
> unemployment benefits when the same amount of money could be used to
> hire the same unemployed people to fill potholes?
>
> Pugs gave that money to McConnell's wife, Imelda for shoes.

Maybe Obama should put YOU to work filling the potholes in exchange
for your monthly "disability" check. Even a morbidly-obese retard
like you could do the job, all you have to to is stand around in a
bright orange vest scratching your butt while the rest of the crew
shovels $100 bills into a hole.

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:48:05 -0800 (PST), D?nk 666
<dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 19, 11:10?am, "sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> The state of Alabama is at fault for inadequate and faulty maintenance of
>> that road.
>>
>> Chintzy on spending tax money, they are responsible for this young woman's
>> death and the ensuing catastrophe for her surviving family
>
>Obama and the Democraps are at fault. Nearly two years ago Obama
>convinced Congress to pass a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill which he
>promised would be spent on "shovel-ready" infrastructure projects,
>road and bridge repair in particular.
>
>So far, not a single pothole has been filled, and the trillion dollars
>appears to have vanished completely. Pothole repair is not a
>glamorous job, but it IS a job, so why do Democraps continue to extend
>unemployment benefits when the same amount of money could be used to
>hire the same unemployed people to fill potholes?

Maybe you should ask the state of Alabama. Federal money was
channeled through the states who were responsible for spending it.

More than likely, Alabama spent the money on a Ten Commandments
monument for the capitol building in Montgomery. Or for improvements
on a football stadium.

General Bush

"D?nk 666" <dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 19, 11:22 am, a leftarded Zeppsock quacked:
> "D nk 666" <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 19, 11:10 am, "sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > The state of Alabama is at fault for inadequate and faulty maintenance
> > of
> > that road.
>
> > Chintzy on spending tax money, they are responsible for this young
> > woman's
> > death and the ensuing catastrophe for her surviving family
>
> Obama and the Democraps are at fault. Nearly two years ago Obama
> convinced Congress to pass a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill which he
> promised would be spent on "shovel-ready" infrastructure projects,
> road and bridge repair in particular.
>
> So far, not a single pothole has been filled, and the trillion dollars
> appears to have vanished completely. Pothole repair is not a
> glamorous job, but it IS a job, so why do Democraps continue to extend
> unemployment benefits when the same amount of money could be used to
> hire the same unemployed people to fill potholes?
>
> Pugs gave that money to McConnell's wife, Imelda for shoes.

Maybe Obama should put YOU to work filling the potholes in exchange
for your monthly "disability" check. Even a morbidly-obese retard
like you could do the job, all you have to to is stand around in a
bright orange vest scratching your butt while the rest of the crew
shovels $100 bills into a hole.
==========================

I don't need Reagan's welfare cheese but I'll bet Palin did.

First Post

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:24:51 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:48:05 -0800 (PST), D?nk 666
><dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Dec 19, 11:10?am, "sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>> The state of Alabama is at fault for inadequate and faulty maintenance of
>>> that road.
>>>
>>> Chintzy on spending tax money, they are responsible for this young woman's
>>> death and the ensuing catastrophe for her surviving family
>>
>>Obama and the Democraps are at fault. Nearly two years ago Obama
>>convinced Congress to pass a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill which he
>>promised would be spent on "shovel-ready" infrastructure projects,
>>road and bridge repair in particular.
>>
>>So far, not a single pothole has been filled, and the trillion dollars
>>appears to have vanished completely. Pothole repair is not a
>>glamorous job, but it IS a job, so why do Democraps continue to extend
>>unemployment benefits when the same amount of money could be used to
>>hire the same unemployed people to fill potholes?
>

>Maybe you should ask the state of Alabama. Federal money was
>channeled through the states who were responsible for spending it.
>
>More than likely, Alabama spent the money on a Ten Commandments
>monument for the capitol building in Montgomery. Or for improvements
>on a football stadium.

You can through all the money you want at it but potholes in roads
appear all the time simply due to the daily wear and tear. States
with plenty of highway money that have exellent maintenance records
still may take several days to schedule a repair crew to any road
repair location.
Out of over 120,000 accidents on Alabama highways last year only 33
are reported as being on roads with ruts, potholes and other needed
repair. None of those 33 resulted in serious injury or fatality.
If it were a chronic problem there would be a lot more folks filing
lawsuits and a lot more similar accidents being reported.
And the people of Alabama would be the ones raising more hell than
anyone else as opposed to political sycophants that want to believe
that anything less than perfection is completely worthless or corrupt
and should be made issue of.
.

China Blue Veins

In article <0q8tg6drvr5252m4qm52qql7kc9645m6ke@4ax.com>,
First Post <ProgressivesLie@Invalid.org> wrote:

> And the people of Alabama would be the ones raising more hell than
> anyone else as opposed to political sycophants that want to believe
> that anything less than perfection is completely worthless or corrupt
> and should be made issue of.
> .

Another reason to be grateful I'm not in Alabama.

--
Damn the living - It's a lovely life. I'm whoever you want me to be.
Silver silverware - Where is the love? At least I can stay in character.

Sid9

"First Post" <ProgressivesLie@Invalid.org> wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:24:51 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
> <PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:48:05 -0800 (PST), D?nk 666
>><dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>>>Obama and the Democraps are at fault. Nearly two years ago Obama
>>>convinced Congress to pass a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill which he
>>>promised would be spent on "shovel-ready" infrastructure projects,
>>>road and bridge repair in particular.
>>>
>>>So far, not a single pothole has been filled, and the trillion dollars
>>>appears to have vanished completely. Pothole repair is not a
>>>glamorous job, but it IS a job, so why do Democraps continue to extend
>>>unemployment benefits when the same amount of money could be used to
>>>hire the same unemployed people to fill potholes?
>>

>>Maybe you should ask the state of Alabama. Federal money was
>>channeled through the states who were responsible for spending it.
>>
>>More than likely, Alabama spent the money on a Ten Commandments
>>monument for the capitol building in Montgomery. Or for improvements
>>on a football stadium.
>
> You can through all the money you want at it but potholes in roads
> appear all the time simply due to the daily wear and tear. States
> with plenty of highway money that have exellent maintenance records
> still may take several days to schedule a repair crew to any road
> repair location.
> Out of over 120,000 accidents on Alabama highways last year only 33
> are reported as being on roads with ruts, potholes and other needed
> repair. None of those 33 resulted in serious injury or fatality.
> If it were a chronic problem there would be a lot more folks filing
> lawsuits and a lot more similar accidents being reported.
> And the people of Alabama would be the ones raising more hell than
> anyone else as opposed to political sycophants that want to believe
> that anything less than perfection is completely worthless or corrupt
> and should be made issue of.
> .
.
.
Potholes appear on roads that are not properly maintained.

Maintaining the infrastructure costs money.

Taxes are too low to maintain Alabama's roads.

Safe roads are not free.

Sid9

"D?nk 666" <dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 19, 11:22 am, a leftarded Zeppsock quacked:
>> "D nk 666" <dank...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

>> On Dec 19, 11:10 am, "sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> > The state of Alabama is at fault for inadequate and faulty maintenance
>> > of
>> > that road.
>>
>> > Chintzy on spending tax money, they are responsible for this young
>> > woman's
>> > death and the ensuing catastrophe for her surviving family
>>
>> Obama and the Democraps are at fault. Nearly two years ago Obama
>> convinced Congress to pass a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill which he
>> promised would be spent on "shovel-ready" infrastructure projects,
>> road and bridge repair in particular.
>>
>> So far, not a single pothole has been filled, and the trillion dollars
>> appears to have vanished completely. Pothole repair is not a
>> glamorous job, but it IS a job, so why do Democraps continue to extend
>> unemployment benefits when the same amount of money could be used to
>> hire the same unemployed people to fill potholes?
>>
>> Pugs gave that money to McConnell's wife, Imelda for shoes.
>
> Maybe Obama should put YOU to work filling the potholes in exchange
> for your monthly "disability" check. Even a morbidly-obese retard
> like you could do the job, all you have to to is stand around in a
> bright orange vest scratching your butt while the rest of the crew
> shovels $100 bills into a hole.
.
.
Obama has NOTHING to do with road maintenance.

See the governor of Alabama... states rights, you know.

More likely state incompetence.