Re: [OT] Deployment options with Merb or Camping

Chris Carter

2/9/2007 3:04:00 PM

On 2/8/07, Daniel N <has.sox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if this is off topic, I'll be happy to post elsewhere if it's
> inappropriate. (Pointer please)
>
> I have a light weight web app that I would like to get going and I think
> that rails is way overkill and will be a bit slow for this. Some basic
> pages, but a lot of ajax, and image re-sizing. I would like a threaded env
> (I think) to deal with this.
>
> I've seen stuff on camping and merb floating around the list, but where do
> you get these hosted? Merb seems to have it's own equivelant to mongrel,
> and I'm not sure I even know what happens with camping.
>
> Where do you host either of these apps?
>
> Cheers
> Daniel

Hi Daniel!
Deploying camping applications is pretty simple with Evan Weaver's
"rv"[0]. On his blog there are also a bunch of great camping
articles.

Camping deploys to Mongrel, like a rails or merb application, or you
can use FCGI or WEBrick. It's very flexible.

You can ask questions in #camping on irc.freenode.net

[0]: http://blog.evanweaver.com/articles/2006/12/19/rv-a-tool-for-luxurio...

--
Chris Carter
concentrationstudios.com