HELP: Installed libxml via Fink, can't 'require' it.

theosib

2/7/2007 11:21:00 PM

I'm using MacOS X, and I've installed libxml via Fink. Although
spotlight can find the files, no matter what I've tried, "require 'xml/
libxml'" and variants do not work. I've done my best to follow
instructions and example code. Nothing. Any idea what's going on?

3 Answers

theosib

Oops. I made a mistake. I didn't install it using Fink. I installed
"ruby-gems" via Fink and then installed libxml via ruby-gems.

Tim Hunter

theosib@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm using MacOS X, and I've installed libxml via Fink. Although
> spotlight can find the files, no matter what I've tried, "require 'xml/
> libxml'" and variants do not work. I've done my best to follow
> instructions and example code. Nothing. Any idea what's going on?

Have you enabled rubygems? That is, does your script include

require 'rubygems'

before requiring libxml, or have you defined RUBYOPT=rubygems?

theosib

On Feb 7, 6:57 pm, Timothy Hunter <TimHun...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Have you enabled rubygems? That is, does your script include
>
> require 'rubygems'
>
> before requiring libxml, or have you defined RUBYOPT=rubygems?

I had done that. Still didn't work. However, in the mean time, I
noticed that Fink has a new Ruby libxml2 package, so I installed that,
and that one works.