Ruby and Open Sound Control (OSC)??

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

2/7/2007 3:53:00 PM

A Google search turned up a few primitive efforts and some broken links,
so I'll ask here -- does anyone know of any Ruby libraries for Open
Sound Control? I checked CPAN and there isn't a heck of a lot even for
Perl -- one module wrapping a very simple open source C library.

http://borasky-research.blo...

Hans Fugal

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> A Google search turned up a few primitive efforts and some broken links,
> so I'll ask here -- does anyone know of any Ruby libraries for Open
> Sound Control? I checked CPAN and there isn't a heck of a lot even for
> Perl -- one module wrapping a very simple open source C library.

I have one that is 99% ready for consumption. I'll try to wrap it up
this weekend. In the meantime you can access it via

darcs get http://hans.fugal.net...

or browse the source at that URL.

Feedback welcome.

Hans Fugal

Hans Fugal wrote:
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>> A Google search turned up a few primitive efforts and some broken
>> links, so I'll ask here -- does anyone know of any Ruby libraries for
>> Open Sound Control? I checked CPAN and there isn't a heck of a lot
>> even for Perl -- one module wrapping a very simple open source C library.
>>

> I have one that is 99% ready for consumption. I'll try to wrap it up
> this weekend. In the meantime you can access it via
>
> darcs get http://hans.fugal.net...
>
> or browse the source at that URL.
>
> Feedback welcome.

Oh, and check out the docs (such as they are) at
http://hans.fugal.net...doc

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Hans Fugal wrote:
> Hans Fugal wrote:
>> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>> A Google search turned up a few primitive efforts and some broken
>>> links, so I'll ask here -- does anyone know of any Ruby libraries
>>> for Open Sound Control? I checked CPAN and there isn't a heck of a
>>> lot even for Perl -- one module wrapping a very simple open source C
>>> library.
>>>

>> I have one that is 99% ready for consumption. I'll try to wrap it up
>> this weekend. In the meantime you can access it via
>>
>> darcs get http://hans.fugal.net...
>>
>> or browse the source at that URL.
>>
>> Feedback welcome.
>
> Oh, and check out the docs (such as they are) at
> http://hans.fugal.net...doc
Thanks!! I can certainly help out with the documentation :).

http://borasky-research.blo...

Hans Fugal

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

>> Oh, and check out the docs (such as they are) at
>> http://hans.fugal.net/sr...
> Thanks!! I can certainly help out with the documentation :).

Great. Just send along your patches. It's easy with darcs:

darcs record # record your changes locally
darcs send # send your patch to me by email

The Peeler

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:07:05 --0800, my personal traumatized little idiot,
now posting as Malcolm MalReynolds, wrote:

>>> your frustration is showing, doggie
>>
>> You IDIOCY keeps showing, poor sod! LOL
>
> every time you respond to me, especially with your obsolete l33t speak, you
> demonstrate your lack of self-esteem and not only do I laugh at you, I keep
> taunting you. now be a good doggie and entertain me with more of your
> stupidity.

Your IDIOCY keeps showing, poor sod! And learn to set your clock properly,
twerp! LOL