is it a Ruby ? Rails ? or JS ? problem...

Josselin

2/7/2007 1:20:00 PM

In a Rails controller action, I am receiving a string parameter back
from an Ajax request

#using inline RJS (Remote JavaScript), I render html replacing a hidden
input field in a form
render :update do |page|
page.remove ('new_title')
page.insert_html(:after, 'hidden_values', "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN
id='new_title' NAME='new_title' VALUE='#{params[:new_title]}' />")
page.form.reset 'propform'
end

if there is no single quote in params[:new_title] = "John Doe is a
stupid and silly boy"
I get the full string as a value in the input field
but
if there is a single quote in params[:new_title] = "John Doe's sister
is a nice beautiful girl"
I get only ""John Doe"

where is the problem.. is theer anyway to avoid it ?

thanks

joss

1 Answer

Josselin

On 2007-02-07 14:20:15 +0100, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> said:

> In a Rails controller action, I am receiving a string parameter back
> from an Ajax request
>

> #using inline RJS (Remote JavaScript), I render html replacing a hidden
> input field in a form
> render :update do |page|
> page.remove ('new_title')
> page.insert_html(:after, 'hidden_values', "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN
> id='new_title' NAME='new_title' VALUE='#{params[:new_title]}' />")
> page.form.reset 'propform'
> end
>
> if there is no single quote in params[:new_title] = "John Doe is a
> stupid and silly boy"
> I get the full string as a value in the input field
> but
> if there is a single quote in params[:new_title] = "John Doe's sister
> is a nice beautiful girl"
> I get only ""John Doe"
>
> where is the problem.. is theer anyway to avoid it ?
>
> thanks
>
> joss

got it ! : I must write : VALUE=\"#{params[:new_title]}\"