Re: Hash#rekey

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Hash#rekey"
on Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:09:31 +0900, "Trans" <transfire@gmail.com> writes:

|> For me, 'rekey' is meaningless. Coined word need guessing, which is
|> considered harmful unless it is accepted by many.
|
|The use of re- as a prefix is very normal in English.

Of course I know the prefix pre-, but it is difficult (for me at
least) to guess what verb 'key' means here. That's my point.

matz.

1 Answer

Marcello Barnaba

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 07:34, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> on Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:09:31 +0900, "Trans" <transfire@gmail.com> writes:
> |> For me, 'rekey' is meaningless. Coined word need guessing, which is
> |> considered harmful unless it is accepted by many.
> |
> |The use of re- as a prefix is very normal in English.
>
> Of course I know the prefix pre-, but it is difficult (for me at
> least) to guess what verb 'key' means here. That's my point.

what about reindex ? hash is a dictionary, and the method.. reindexes it
:)
--
pub 1024D/8D2787EF 723C 7CA3 3C19 2ACE 6E20 9CC1 9956 EB3C 8D27 87EF